LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Bad Comments

Page  Page 2 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»
turk
Male Member

USA
#11 | Posted: 6 Aug 2013 18:40
I am a commenter, I think we need to relax, everybody has an opinion, comments are requested, you have to accept it. Thanks.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#12 | Posted: 6 Aug 2013 19:22
LK,

Sorry, but I didn't find any of the comments self-righteous, arrogant, and inappropriate. Of course it's a fictitious tale, and many times people delve so deep into the story that they forget this. If the Admin's thought this piece a bit too risque, they would certainly have said something to the author. I was told this one time myself with a story. They were going to let it go, but I decided to change it and tone it down. I felt is was only fair due to the rules set by the LSF staff. However, this story was indeed well written and put together nicely.

I missed commenting on this one somehow, and I think I'll leave it that way. My comment is here, and I think it shows that the author has talent. Lets not make people feel uncomfortable here. I know LK was simply defending the author and a good story, but people have opinions and are entitled to them. My Goodness! Just look at some of the Amazon reviews for some books and movies if you want to see Arrogance and Inappropriate.

blimp
Male Author

England
#13 | Posted: 6 Aug 2013 19:58
I think the comments you quoted Lawrence are mildly annoying. Commenter's have often made similar remarks regarding the age of the spankee's on my stories. I probably mutter to myself something fairly unrepeatable on a respectable forum but I tend not to say anything publicly because I feel we are all entitled to our opinions. I think we are a mixed bunch on the LSF and have to accept that. Relaxation is possibly the best solution as Turk says. It usually works for me especially when accompanied by a glass of red wine!! And then possibly another glass!

Dweebdotcom
Male Author

USA
#14 | Posted: 6 Aug 2013 20:23
Unless it was intended to be there are no bad comments. You could always take your own advice and just make your comment without reading the other comments. Leave the comment reading for those regarding your own stories. As for myself i enjoy reading the comments on all the stories I read and write. It's a good way of getting to know my fellow LSF members, and we have to respect if not agree with each others opinions regardless of are own.

BashfulBob
Male Author

Ireland
SUBSCRIBER

#15 | Posted: 6 Aug 2013 21:57
I think everyone should have the right to express their own opinions. This applies as much to those who found the tender ages of the children in the story disturbing as to those who point out that we have 'all been there'. I think in this particular instance the age of the boy may be the source of much of the diversity of opinion. If he had been two years younger (i.e. 9), I think most readers would accept the story as harmless childhood experimentation, but if he had been two years older (i.e. 13) then the story would have more sinister and predatory connotations. It seems to me that the battle lines on whether it is acceptable to express moral scruples have been drawn on whether one sees an 11-year old boy as being closer to 9 or 13. Those who see an 11-year old as a young 13-year old are right to voice their concerns, although my take was the author saw the boy more as an old 9-year old. But, either way, it is important to allow discussion. Suppressing opinions, even if they are unpopular or even offensive, just leads to closed minds.

mobile_carrot
Male Author

England
#16 | Posted: 6 Aug 2013 22:52
A lot of spanking sites completely bar any mention of under-18s, this one to its credit merely bars sexual activity between adults and minors - spanking alone is quite OK and in this case no adults were involved at all so it's doubly OK. I tend to write fairly "sweet" stories but there's room for disturbing or challenging writing and as long as it's not abusive there's also room for commenting that you find it so, the writer may or may not find it helpful.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#17 | Posted: 7 Aug 2013 01:54
I am going to have to read and comment on this story. I haven't been reading many stories lately but I am most certainly going to read this one. My curiosity has got the best of me. What is all of the commotion?

I had just read this story and it was beautiful. I think that many of us had these feelings at around that age. The author was at least honest about writing them.

Kia
Female Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#18 | Posted: 7 Aug 2013 02:17
I think it takes courage to comment about things in a story that one finds mildly disturbing, even if it's difficult to express exactly what or why. I have a tendency to just stop reading when I reach something that I find disturbing- a tendency that has doubtless slowed my exploration and has caused me to miss some excellent stories and discussions.

Provided the comment is offered as politely as constructive criticism or as a discussion in different tastes, I see no issues with doing so, and respect those who choose to share those comments.

DLandhill
Male Author

USA
#19 | Posted: 7 Aug 2013 03:04
I haven't read (and so haven't commented on) the specific story LK mentions. I have read comments similar in tone to the ones he quotes or paraphrases, both on my own stories, and on stories by other authors. Indeed I have sometimes made comments along these lines.I don't feel that such comments are 'wimping out" or "wishy washy". I think they indicate genuine uncertainty in many cases. In some they may indicate clear discomfort, but an attempt to express this without it feeling like an attack.

If a story is written realistically, many readers tend to react to it as if it were an account of actual real-life events. This is perhaps ill-advised, but very natural. On some level it says the author has done a good job, making the reader involved enough in the story to think of it as real. However, a story is NOT real, and in most (well at least many) cases a spanking story is specifically implausible exactly in its spanking aspects. Commentators would be well advised to remember that, often.

That said, that kind of comment often shows that the reader is nearing the edge of his or her comfort zone, i think. This is a legitimate thing for a commentator to express, in my view. Now the story may be well within the author's comfort zone, and that of many other readers. people vary. if everyone thought the same, one comment per story would be all that anyone needed. No author here need tailor stories to any particular reader, or even to the consensus, as long as they pass the staff for posting. But many authors would like to know that some readers hold such views. And the comments can sometimes be an exchange between readers, also, they need not be just reader to author (did you know that you can send a popup response to another commentator, even if you are not the story author?). So I don't think people on this site
should be discouraged from posting such comments. Of course, that is only my opinion.

AustCarr
Male Author

USA
#20 | Posted: 7 Aug 2013 04:28
I'm relatively new here, but I'm always pleased and flattered to receive any comments, be they back slaps, critiques, or carping. If I didn't want a response, the stories would stay in My Documents where I'd be safe from potential negativity.

Page  Page 2 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 11
cvsasho, Hoddle, rickf, vorriongarion, WhiteWhale7
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9