The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Story Comments

Page  Page 5 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»
Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#41 | Posted: 17 Jul 2010 04:53
Cheery don't let the lack of comments dissuade you from posting. As I say in my profile, it took a lot of prodding and some downright bullying from a friend to get me to post my first story online. I was convinced there were a 1,000,001 things wrong with it and that no one would like it. I was lucky in that I got an overwhelming response, but I've posted others that have had hardly any response. That 1st story was The Spank Shop 1. It was actually intended to be a standalone and now I've done 18 of them and even had someone do a story using it. So keep on writing and posting.

cheery
Male Author

Scotland
#42 | Posted: 17 Jul 2010 11:26
Thank you for your encouragement, Seegee - although others may curse. I shall continue, somehow caught a bug that needs feeding and I'm loving it!

What can be condemning are the declining number of readers of a serial. Lots on the first episode declining to less than half on the second installment and so on.

Reminds me of the saying of the great Neil Innes -

"I've suffered for my Art, - now, it's your turn."

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#43 | Posted: 17 Jul 2010 12:16
cheery:
What can be condemning are the declining number of readers of a serial. Lots on the first episode declining to less than half on the second installment and so on.

Maybe, subconsciously, that's the reason I don't do serials - I couldn't deal with losing half my readers by the second installment.

I'm guessing, though, that probably half of the people who click on ANY story quickly figure out that it just isn't up their alley and go on to read something else instead. For a stand-alone story, this isn't apparent. For a serial, it is, since they never check out the second installment. And simply because one person doesn't like a particular type of story doesn't mean someone else won't.

So keep posting, and good luck.

Linda
Female Author

Scotland
#44 | Posted: 17 Jul 2010 12:35
njrick:
Maybe, subconsciously, that's the reason I don't do serials - I couldn't deal with losing half my readers by the second installment.

I can understand losing readers after each episode, but what I don't understand is a serial which has, say, 60 reads for part one, 22 for part two, then 47 for part three! Steadily declining readership I get - but not the seemingly random numbers.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#45 | Posted: 17 Jul 2010 12:43
Linda:
I can understand losing readers after each episode, but what I don't understand is a serial which has, say, 60 reads for part one, 22 for part two, then 47 for part three! Steadily declining readership I get - but not the seemingly random numbers.

I attribute that to people who don't know how to count - they simply don't know which number comes next.

edb
Male Author

Spain
#46 | Posted: 17 Jul 2010 13:22
Linda raises an interesting question; maybe it's because some readers stumble upon an episode in a serial using the Lucky Dip facility, or on the other hand it could just be one of life's imponderables!

Linda
Female Author

Scotland
#47 | Posted: 17 Jul 2010 15:47
edb:
maybe it's because some readers stumble upon an episode in a serial using the Lucky Dip facility

Can't be that - the Lucky Dip only throws up part one of serials. I suppose if the serial is validated, some people might just go for the spanking or sexual content, and not actually care about the story?

cheery
Male Author

Scotland
#48 | Posted: 17 Jul 2010 15:54
I think that's it, forget the chase just skip to the kill.

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#49 | Posted: 17 Jul 2010 16:01
It could also happen because parts 4 and 5, say, appear days or weeks later; reader opens part 4, likes it enough to click back (using the handy lnk from part to part) to part 1 and reads their way through - hence part 4 got 2 views for one reading. Or is this hopelessly idealisitc of me?
Didn't Einstein have a theory about this?

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#50 | Posted: 17 Jul 2010 16:12
It could be that some people are using the search facility and searching for a specific set of criteria which means that only certain parts of a serial are returned by the search, and then only bothering to read those parts. It's not how I would go about it but I can't speak for others.

Page  Page 5 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 11
andreanguyentran, azotainas, Dragondave, javajudge924, jladams766, spankkeeguy, stag, theo54, whoseturn
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9