LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Story Comments

Page  Page 4 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»
cheery
Male Author

Scotland
#31 | Posted: 15 Jul 2010 09:57
I have read with interest this thread and would like to offer my tuppence worth. I'm new to writing and it was very intimidating posting a story for the first time.
The first time it seemed that my efforts were largely ignored - which on reflection was probably the kindest thing, but even the odd comment later helped assuage the humiliation of being ignored. All this is very human and to do with the ego I guess.

My interest lies in finding a way of improving my writing without the fait accompli of posting the final version or failing that, serious comments from one committed writer - and there are some brilliant writers here. Personally, I don't think I've had any comment from any of the Library Staff yet on any of my attempts so far - and I don't blame you, I just assume that it's so bloody awful it's beneath contempt.

Anyway, I'm not going to stop writing or offering a solution but just floating a question of how to give critical advice to aspiring writers. Unfortunately I don't think that creative writing classes would cut it in quite the same way.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#32 | Posted: 15 Jul 2010 10:34
Cheery - first of all, well done on posting a story on the other site and please don't interpret an absence of comments or few comments as a sign that your story isn't any good. Most of the users of that site don't seem particularly interested in reading stories. That's not the case here though, where you will get far more views and feedback from a considerably larger audience.

As for the library staff, well, we are busy doing all manner of stuff behind the scenes, and don't have the luxury of reading every new story thoroughly and commenting extensively on the ones we particularly enjoy. Also, although writers generally like to receive favourable comments on their work, I'm sure some would take the huff if those comments were critical

Anyway, don't be deterred. I for one will look out for cheery stories and if I find spelling and grammar errors, you will be sent to Miss Thrashbottom's office for a good whacking

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#33 | Posted: 15 Jul 2010 10:34
cheery:
I don't think I've had any comment from any of the Library Staff yet on any of my attempts so far - and I don't blame you, I just assume that it's so bloody awful it's beneath contempt.

I have not actually read, out of choice, any spanking story for months and months and months. The only stuff I read is what I am validating and I don't comment as much as I should on that I guess. Please don't assume that no comment from any of us is a bad thing. The work that we are validating is often not the same as what we would choose to read and that probably affects the amount I comment.

It does take guts to post your work on any site. I am not a writer and the few stories that I have written have all been written specifically for a person and, as a comment on one of my stories recently showed, they don't always work for other people.

Commenting is difficult sometimes, as is posting your stuff but I say live a little and enjoy what you do

cheery
Male Author

Scotland
#34 | Posted: 15 Jul 2010 12:28
Thank you. I appreciate both of your replies and I assure you, I am not upset in any way but just want to improve. There are some brilliant stories and I am getting such enjoyment from this site.

One question, if a story is posted on the 'other' side what is the procedure to see it over here?

Also, purely for research purposes, are there any factual accounts of visits to professional doms posted?

Thank you for your time.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#35 | Posted: 15 Jul 2010 12:42
Yes, there are procedures in place to take some (not all of them are suitable) of the stories from the Whacks Lyrical forum on the other site, and place them here in the library.

You will find stories about pro doms here in the library. Browse the bookcases and search the femdom genre to find them. As to factual accounts, if you click Search and then select Article from the Type drop down list, the one most relevant to your question is Leave it to a Pro by js_anon

flopsy

cheery
Male Author

Scotland
#36 | Posted: 15 Jul 2010 14:01
Oh that's great, thanks. Cheery

rollin
Male Member

USA
#37 | Posted: 15 Jul 2010 20:17
I looked for a place to post for a long time. There are several boards with story sections but what I wanted was one devoted exclusively to writers. Ideally it would be a place where there was lots of feedback and interaction. A place to exchange ideas. This board has done pretty well in all of those aspects, and the only thing missing seems to be a chat room where writers can congregate and... well, chat. But commentary is really important. I like to know if a story "sells" and you can tell whether it does or if it bombs by volume and content of the commentary. Since feedback is the only way of knowing how well our works are being received, I'd really encourage everyone to do so. It brings out the best in the authors and encourages them to write more.

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#38 | Posted: 15 Jul 2010 21:33
cheery:
I'm not going to stop writing or offering a solution but just floating a question of how to give critical advice to aspiring writers. Unfortunately I don't think that creative writing classes would cut it in quite the same way.

Yes - that would be interesting wouldn't it? "Great story, but where the hell did you get your sexuality?"
As flopsy says, comments are mostly just positive so as only to encourage. Most address the plot and scenario, few the style, structure or narrative perspective.
I'd be happy to give constructive criticism (if asked politely) but wouldn't want to via the comments string. And Miss Thrashbottom will have me if I don't do the content icons for the 247 stories she's assigned me first!

blimp
Male Author

England
#39 | Posted: 15 Jul 2010 22:06
Miss Thrashbottom is curiously appealing name don't you think?

cheery
Male Author

Scotland
#40 | Posted: 16 Jul 2010 08:41
blimp

Yep, im werkin on spellin erors

Page  Page 4 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 11
Artemishel, Derrick30, dund93, johnsmith, katee, myrkassi, rockytop, spanker30
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9