The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Don't give up writing!

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 31 Mar 2013 23:40
I think all writers have those doubts at times. I know I have. You just have to push through it, and the LSF is such a helpful community when it comes to that sort of thing.

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#12 | Posted: 1 Apr 2013 02:48
Seegee:
I think all writers have those doubts at times. I know I have.

Yes, same here!
Seegee:
the LSF is such a helpful community when it comes to that sort of thing.

Absolutely! I find that the best ideas often come when chatting to like-minded people. I have also found that writing a collaborative story with Ollie PatBottom has helped enormously in easing me out of my writer's block! Thanks OPB! Hopefully the story will be appearing here in a couple of weeks time!!

MC, I agree with what others have said before me on this forum. Your stories are very well written and are a pleasure to read.

opb
Male Author

England
#13 | Posted: 1 Apr 2013 07:59
I suggested writing collaboratively with Jools as she was complaining about suffering from writer's block, and I thought it might help her to have someone else on board. I'd not expected to do much more than shout "Rah, Rah" from the touchline ( perhaps that should be 'margin' in the case of writing) whilst she did all the work.

I was surprised to find, however, just how much of a spur it provided for me as well, because I've hardly written anything except song parodies recenty. Probably her enthusiasm rubbed off on an otherwise jaded muse.

I was also surprised to find how much of a challenge it presented. The story isn't just your own any more. You have to negotiate plot, character etc. and debate over your differing writing and grammatical styles. You have to allow things you'd never have put in a story of your own because along with those come ideas and phrases you'd not have thought of yourself.

It is a useful and worthwhile exercise to try, particularly if you are having difficulty putting pencil to paper.

Oh, and I'm Ollie Patbotham by the way. Whyever would a writer call himself Pat Bottom? That would be ridiculous and be so prone to misunderstanding and sniggering innuendo.

cayenne
Male Author

England
#14 | Posted: 1 Apr 2013 09:12
Neil

Your stuff is some of the best here on LSF. I don't actually read that many stories here, as my tastes are perhaps a little picky, but your stories are really special. Keep up the good work!

Graves94
Male Author

USA
#15 | Posted: 1 Apr 2013 13:05
njrick:
Note that posts here in the forum, as well as story comments, appear with the MEMBER name, not the AUTHOR name.

Thanks, Rick. If you see me wandering around lost again, please just read the note pinned to my shirt, then call my mother and tell her where I am. ;>)

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 1 Apr 2013 13:40
Graves94:
call my mother and tell her where I am.

and your mother's phone number is ...?

Janine
Female Validater

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#17 | Posted: 1 Apr 2013 20:07
opb:
It is a useful and worthwhile exercise to try, particularly if you are having difficulty putting pencil to paper.

Having collaborated a few times, I would agree. Anything to get the (creative) juices flowing, I always say!

gail
Female Author

Canada
#18 | Posted: 1 Apr 2013 22:20
Janine:
Anything to get the (creative) juices flowing, I always say!

Was that the creative or pro-creative juices ? I can think of some delicious ways....

tysout
Male Author

Scotland
#19 | Posted: 1 Apr 2013 23:47
I can assure you, through personal experience, that the Admin's of this site will do their best to encourage writers of all skills.
So far I've had invaluable writing schooling from Flopsy and Pink Angel, and I'm sure given the chance Februs, would have done so as well.
The Admin's of this site will certainly correct you but at the same time teach and encourage you to do better.
If these three people haven't created a number of future best selling authors then I'l be extremely surprised.
I'd say to all would be authors...give it a go...who knows?

catmama
Female Member

USA
#20 | Posted: 2 Apr 2013 04:03
Don't you Dare stop writing! I love your work. I always give you honest, and favorable comments. I mean it. Don't make me come over there, young man!

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 7
Batfinch, mihaispk, paperbark, Patron, Pembridge06, spanki1962, Tfowl31, Tommy369, yokogawa
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9