LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Don't give up writing!

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
mobile_carrot
Male Author

England
#1 | Posted: 31 Mar 2013 15:51
A couple of months ago I was feeling down and was thinking that I wasn't a very good writer and people were just humouring me. I shared this with one of the women at my writing group and she told me not to be so daft.

Over the next few weeks I was asked to do a guest slot at a monthly poetry group, I had two poems accepted for publication in anthologies and our own dear Flopsy asked if she could raid my spanking stories here in the library to bring out THREE collections on ebooks (as though I'd refuse!!)

Feeling MUCH better now - persevere folk! And thanks to all the people here who encourage me almost daily, I should have believed them more..

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 31 Mar 2013 16:32
You are a wonderful writer. Congratulations on having your poems published and on your upcoming ebooks! Your stories are very good and enjoyable to read, so I'm sure they will be successful.

I think everyone goes through those periods. I have been in a slump too, just staring blankly at the computer screen or writing things that even I can tell are sub-standard and have to be ripped out. It may sound crazy, but sometimes I think too much reading does that to me. But I have some inspiration now, so I think things will be looking up.

Thank you for this post. I'm glad you followed your own advice to persevere.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 31 Mar 2013 16:49
You're a wonderful writer, MC. We all go through writing worries. Everything I've read of yours I've thoroughly enjoyed. Hold you head high my friend.

Pat

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 31 Mar 2013 17:24
mobile_carrot:
people were just humouring me.

People humor me all the time about my writing. And they can keep on doing it!

Neil, just do keep writing.

gail
Female Author

Canada
#5 | Posted: 31 Mar 2013 17:33
FiBlue:
But I have some inspiration now, so I think things will be looking up.

Fiona...I admit, some writing I read dulls my senses, but there is a selection of authors that lifts my spirits and inspires me by their class and tone; your writings have that effect on me...so just keep delivering!!

Rick...no one needs to humor anyone here...when we provide you with validation it is really sincere!

bendover
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 31 Mar 2013 17:58
gail:
when we provide you with validation it is really sincere!

True, gail. And especially with those songs you come up with, Rick. Outstanding.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#7 | Posted: 31 Mar 2013 18:25
Sometimes the muse is silent. It happens to all of us. But just keep watching, listening and absorbing. When you least expect it inspiration will strike. Thing is, you can't force it. Best to disengage and let your subconscious work on the problem. But have that laptop fired up just in case.

turk
Male Member

USA
#8 | Posted: 31 Mar 2013 18:43
I have enjoyed your art, I hope you seize the inspiration and continue, best always. Turk

Graves94
Male Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 31 Mar 2013 20:30
Like you, I go through periods when it just does not seem to happen for me. I have a couple of large works underway (non-spanking), and this syndrome has caused them to drag out way past my intended schedules. Been trying to figure out how to exercise more discipline or control, but have not yet discovered the method that will reliably work for me.

By the way, I am terrible with names, so could not remember whether I had read anything of yours or not. I went to the alphabetical list of authors to check, and could not find you listed under "mobile-carrot". You might ask flopsy or Februs to look into this.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 31 Mar 2013 21:31
Graves94:
I went to the alphabetical list of authors to check,

If you go to the alphabetic list of MEMBERS, it will show the AUTHOR name for given member, which may or may not be the same. Note that posts here in the forum, as well as story comments, appear with the MEMBER name, not the AUTHOR name.

You'll see that member "Mobile_carrot" is the author "Neil."

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 7
carto75, Derrick30, Heroth, Hoddle, kenjperr, thunderball, WhiteWhale7
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9