library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

A Note about Red Sonja

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 14 Mar 2013 15:20
Have been enjoying that series, except too bad Red is not wearing her armor bikini like in the comics. Which brings me to my point. Red Sonja(Sonja with a j) is strictly a Marvel Comics creation, not Robert E. Howard.
Howard wrote a historical adventure story, set in the Middle Ages titled Shadow of the Vulture, which featured a heroine called Red Sonya(Sonya with a Y). Marvel adapted this as a Conan story set in the mythical Hyborian Age,changing y to j, and later decided to give Sonja her own book, also set in Conan's world.
However,I don't see the Marvel Red Sonja submitting to a spanking by a man(anymore than Xena). But she would be great with F/F, either getting spanked, or perhaps spanking an arrogant queen or spoiled princess.

tamlynn
Male Member

Canada
#2 | Posted: 14 Mar 2013 16:39
Thanks for clearing the J and Y thing up.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 15 Mar 2013 04:32
I always preferred the parody Dave Sim created for his Cerebus comic; Red Sophia.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#4 | Posted: 15 Mar 2013 06:59
Seegee:
I always preferred the parody Dave Sim created for his Cerebus comic; Red Sophia.

And here I thought the favourite around this site was RED BULL!!! But maybe that is only in the Admin offices...pity. LMAO

islandcarol
Female Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 15 Mar 2013 15:48
I had no ideal she was a Marvel Comic heroine. I just finished Keate's version this week. I highly recommend it.
islandcarol

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 16 Mar 2013 01:17
She was done very much in the style of a Rice Burroughs character, but her appearance and the storylines were something that appealed to Conan's largely teenage male readership.

drkeate
Male Author

England
#7 | Posted: 16 Mar 2013 08:54
I had no knowledge of any of this. I only know her from the Birgitte Neilsen/Arnie film from the eighties. I very much like that film, but my Sonja is definitely a seperate creation. She was sparked off simply by the thought that Red could be followed by Bottomed! And, as has been pointed out, by a lot of reading of Edgar Rice Burroughs. The crocodile pit came from the very first film I ever saw, one my dad took me to see when I was seven or eight. It must have been a dubbed Italian sword and sandal film, with the American strong man Steve Reeves. It was called The Last Days of Pompeii. The evil High Priest of Isis had a crocodile pit in the middle of the temple floor, with a false floor on top of it.

Vexx
Male Member

USA
#8 | Posted: 24 Mar 2013 14:39
Replying to the original post, Redskinluver makes an excellent observation, in that Red Sonja would be very believable in a F/F or F/f setting, less so in a M/F setting (unless of course she is captured, though that would not be willfully 'submitting', then, would it? -- very non-consentual).

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 24 Mar 2013 18:09
Howard might not have written her, but he did include Bêlit, the Queen of the Black Coast, in his Conan stories.

I've always seen Sonja as partly a landlocked version of Bêlit (whose name is much harder to write because of the ê).

As for Red Sonja in a M/F setting, I can see that. I can see her willing to accept spankings as she infiltrates the palace through the harem, putting up with a bit of temporary discomfort to steal the crown jewels.

Goodgulf

Online now: Members - 2 : Guests - 5
Alef, yokogawa
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9