Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#11 | Posted: 23 Feb 2013 11:00
Parts 1 and 4 have notes when I look...

Lincoln
Male Author

England
#12 | Posted: 23 Feb 2013 11:11
On my last story, "Princess Margaret and the Archbishop" I added at the beginning "Historical Note". This was amended by the validator to "Author's Note", (I assure you I'm not offended!).

My reason for this was that although the memory of Princess Margaret's affair with Peter Townsend was very clear for me, a new generation might not have known about it, particularly in the USA and other countries.

I felt an explanatory note was helpful, and I hope it was.

KJM
Male Author

Brazil
#13 | Posted: 23 Feb 2013 15:02
Strange. I have a long story (unfinished and quite harsh) called 'UCSA - United Conservative States of America' and I wrote several spin-offs in this universe. In all of them I start with a line explaining that the stand-alone story belongs to UCSA. Although UCSA isn't in LSF, two of the spin-offs are: 'The Gang' and 'An Incident in a Department Store'. In the first one, my note appears as a first thing in the text, but in the other one the note appears as 'an Author's Note' in the comments section. I can't remember if it was a Library decision, or if it was made by me.

KJM

ordalie
Female Member

France
#14 | Posted: 23 Feb 2013 16:45
PinkAngelParts 1 and 4 have notes when I look...

Now this is driving me mad! No green note whatsoever for me at the top of parts 1 or 4.

DLandhill
Male Author

USA
#15 | Posted: 23 Feb 2013 17:19
ordalie:
PinkAngel: Parts 1 and 4 have notes when I look...

Now this is driving me mad! No green note whatsoever for me at the top of parts 1 or 4.

The note (as I see it) is not "green"; you may be thinking of an author's comment at the start of the list of comments. At the start of Part 1 of "Pat" is a paragraph that commences 'I don't know whether Pat has crossed the Atlantic...' and at the start of part 4 is a note thanking the online Scots Dictionary. Both notes are in white boxes with a yellowish background behind the words "author's note". These are at the start of the text of the story, not in the list of comments.

ordalie
Female Member

France
#16 | Posted: 23 Feb 2013 18:00
Thank you, DLandhill, but nothing doing! It seems like what I've repeatedly read elsewhere about videos: "not avaiilable in your country"...

DLandhill
Male Author

USA
#17 | Posted: 23 Feb 2013 18:04
ordalie:
Thank you, DLandhill, but nothing doing! It seems like what I've repeatedly read elsewhere about videos: "not avaiilable in your country"...

Hmm. What DO you see at the start of part 1 of the story? And are you using an unusual or non-standard browser?

ordalie
Female Member

France
#18 | Posted: 23 Feb 2013 19:10
I'm on Moziilla Firefox.
I'll have a look tomorrow, can't now.

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 11 : Guests - 6
Filbert74, hd1865, Jackmydaw, jadoma, Joechangiowa, kanestrokes, karen8419, kenjperr, Redwolf64, Richard_Windsor, seiryu
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9