LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

author's note

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
ordalie
Female Member

France
#1 | Posted: 23 Feb 2013 06:01
I must have missed the explanation but since I can't find it anywhere, I'd like to know the significance of the "author's note" at the start of some stories.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 23 Feb 2013 06:32
Ordalie I can't speak for everyone but where it appears on mine it's usually just a few words I wanted to say about the story.

Often123
Male Member

USA
#3 | Posted: 23 Feb 2013 07:04
Those are usually helpful to the reader.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 23 Feb 2013 07:23
An author cannot "comment" on one of his/her own stories, but is allowed (encouraged?) to make an author's note to make explanatory remarks or answer questions raised by readers' comments. The only significance is that an an author has chosen to do so. Since, at one time, authors were not prevented from commenting on their own stories, in some cases Februs has converted those old "Self comments" into "author's notes."

ordalie
Female Member

France
#5 | Posted: 23 Feb 2013 07:48
But where's the note? You can't click on it!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 23 Feb 2013 08:20
ordalie:
But where's the note? You can't click on it!

When there is one, it appears in green at the top of the "Comments" list.

AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 23 Feb 2013 10:18
Aren't we talking about two separate things here? There may be an "author's note" at the top of the story, and also an "author's comment" above the other comments.

An author's note should be visible without clicking. Not being so would be some sort of technical problem perhaps?

DLandhill
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 23 Feb 2013 10:40
On the lSF an "author's note" where an author has chosen to provide one, and the librarians have approved it, appears at the front, in a white box beside the words "author's note" (for an example see my "The Swing by the Shore"). The librarians will only load an author's note if they feel it is helpful to the general reader -- I have had a couple declined or trimmed. Not every story has one. An "author's comment" appears above the list of comments by others. (for an example see my "Sam's Fit") An author can make an author's comment by simply posting a comment in the usual way to his or her own story. The admins will validate it, and place it in the special author's comment position, if it appears to be of general interest to readers. If it seems to be simply a response to a specific previous comment, it may be rejected with a note to use the popup system for such responses. I have had such a rejection.

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#9 | Posted: 23 Feb 2013 10:52
^ ^ What DLandhill said ^^

ordalie
Female Member

France
#10 | Posted: 23 Feb 2013 10:56
Nothing of the sort in Dr Keate's "Postman Pat and the fire..." even though there's an "author's note"!

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 15
hydegreen, Nightshadow, Rickinto, Seegee, SmitheeK, vaikeboiz
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9