LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Are challenges too much to read?

Page  Page 6 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6
canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#51 | Posted: 10 Nov 2012 20:20
LOL...throw in the towel while I sit in Canada freezing my butt off...never would be the day

No one minds suggestion, however the vast majority of comments on this post have been things that have been thrashed over almost every time a Challenge appears and those things...cannot, will not and will never be...resolved because there is no solution that will fit everyone on this site.

I do not consider discussions on things that ones know will never be resolved to be a.. 'freedom to speak my piece effort in order to improve the Challenge'.. issue. To me such things are a waste of time and energy and make people like me and others feel frustrated all to hell.

A SUGGESTION:

We have a "chat room" that ones can get on and complain/whine/comment/encourage/boast about the Challenge all they want. I would suggest for those who chose to do that to use the Chat room, thus keeping things amongst those who chose to join in the conversation and off of the public forum. Thus will prevent any negativity from affecting possible new authors who want to give the Challenge a try and others who have grown to love the Challenges and want them to continue.

CS

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#52 | Posted: 11 Nov 2012 00:47
I'm sorry to anyone who might be offended by this but after seeing the responses, emotions, and suggestions in this thread, I felt compelled to not only reread my own post, but all of the others. I wanted to see what post, statement, or phrase might have caused these negative feelings. However, after reading everything over I have to honestly say that while I may agree or disagree with things said, nothing seemed inappropriate or disparaging of the contest or the staff here.

Each post read as an honest and respectful opinion. Where is the harm in that? And what other purpose does an open forum serve other than as a vehicle for opinion? Not one post suggested eliminating the contests and in fact, each poster stated how much they like the contests even as they offered their own views of what they felt could be better. How is this bad? No one said they were boycotting the forum until they got their way. Everyone recognizes and appreciates the efforts of Februs and his staff. I don't post here much, but when I do, I do so sincerely.

Better to eliminate a forum than censor it. Are we not all adults?

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#53 | Posted: 11 Nov 2012 00:49
Goodgulf:
If people don't want to write stories for challenges, then they shouldn't write them.
If people don't want to read the story challenge stories then they shouldn't read them.
If people want to read a few entries but not all of them then they should only read a few entries.
If people don't feel comfortable in voting for the stories, then they shouldn't vote.

Sage advice!

Goodgulf:
I know that stories have been written for the challenges that otherwise would not have been written.

Agreed - and there are some excellent ones, too, among that number

Goodgulf:
I'd love to see the contests continue.

Me too.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#54 | Posted: 11 Nov 2012 01:31
I have said what I have said on this, there is no sense in repeating it over and over. So now back to the Challenge stories. Whatever happens I guess will happen.

CS

Page  Page 6 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6

Online now: Members - 12 : Guests - 12
Backbeat, Balor, BrianC780, canardchronique, carto75, GerPo, Hotscot, jfwii, misterspanker, royaledark, sandysadeyes, Smachtai
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9