LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Kissing after spanking

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
nibra
Male Author

England
#1 | Posted: 12 Oct 2012 19:40
I am not sure whether this merits comment but it is something that bothers me when I read stories of particularly fathers spanking their daughters. It may be of course that I am a bit too inclined to imbue stories with reality. But there you go.

So often one reads of a parent giving a child or teenager an horrific spanking; or a man spanking his partner. Often such a spanking involves multiple weapons (for that is what they are when used aggressively), and an incredible number of strokes, literally in some cases rendering the recipient unable to walk. Then the person inflicting the damage give the recipient a kiss or a hug and that is supposed to prove that the man loves his daughter or partner.
Yes after a reasonable chastisement from a parent such an action could be construed as a sign of affection, but after a brutal beating by a furious individual, no way.
Too my mind such actions often detract from some very good writing.
Is it just me or do other people react as I do?

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 12 Oct 2012 20:32
It's always possible that person doesn't realise he/she is inflicting a brutal beating.

A number of years ago I saw a documentary on... darn, I forget what it was on... But it talked about this man (who was already dead when the documentary was filmed) who drank. Sometimes when he drank he beat his kids and when he sobered up he didn't believe their stories about what he had done. In his drunken mind he was mildly correcting them with his belt while his children lived through him wildly swinging his belt at them.

He also gave them "birthday spankings" that he thought was a joke (and that the kids were just playing along) with his belt but his now grown kids talked about how those "joke spankings" left bruises.

In short, he was a man who brutalised his kids without realising he was doing so. And think one of his kids went on to be a writer or poet - famous enough that they did a documentary on him and the hell he had grown up in.

Goodgulf

Guy
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 12 Oct 2012 20:33
nibra:
do other people react as I do?

I assume we are talking about fiction here...right? There is a whole world of things that have a place in fiction that we would never tolerate or wish to experience in real life. For illustration, just pick up any Stephen King Novel.

Naturally, we all respond differently and we all have our own idea of what (if anything) might constitute reasonable CP. But clearly, a snuggle and a kiss is entirely appropriate after a reasonable and loving corporal correction, especially if that correction has been accepted in the spirit that it was given.

That same behavior following an outright non-consensual beating would be just creepy. (But "creepy" sometimes has a valid place in fiction.)

However, there is a broad middle ground between those two extremities that many of us spanking writers explore with some regularity.

Flagrante
Male Member

England
#4 | Posted: 13 Oct 2012 01:30
nibra
It depends on the context. Spankings where limits are respected can end with a kiss and a cuddle. Nothing wrong there, regardless of the intensity, because that is agreed and expected.

Other types of spankings can sometimes be about control and helplessness, established and maintained through pain and humiliation; and a kiss and a cuddle afterwards are, in my view, not far off lifted bottoms, cane kissing, thank yous afterwards, etc. Just another way to enforce control. If that is agreeable to both parties, then it is fair, and if it is not agreeable to both parties, then there's a bigger problem of abuse.

Just my penny's worth

Regards

Flag

watcher123
Male Author

Ireland
#5 | Posted: 13 Oct 2012 12:49
My own view is that in fiction there are two sorts of spanking or CP. The first is where the person giving the CP wants to hurt or degrade or otherwise control the person getting the licking. In that case a kiss or a hug afterwards is only adding salt into the wound.

On the other hand there can be punishments where it the punishment is designed or intended to correct bad behaviour. In this category the person giving the spanking then gives the hug to show that the person being spanked or punished has been forgiven, is still loved and cherished.

Now it could be that for the second sort of story the person giving the spanking is overreacting and is actually giving a beating what ever they see it as themselves. The stories I like the best are those were there is a spanking that may make the recipient cry and feel that they are on fire but is no more that they can endure and to the outside observer may not actually be that bad, but most importantly afterwards the person giving and the person getting have a nice hug and the spanking only serves to strengthen the bond between them be it parent and child or lovers or teacher and student.

In short its just my opinion but I think it works in some stories and in others it can at worst be just another form of punishment by having someone who has been badly hurt have to make nice to the person who did the hurting.

DLandhill
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 13 Oct 2012 13:19
I quite agree with watcher123 above.

But i would add that even in real encounters, there is a wide difference between limits for different people, and that what is 'horrific" depends to a great extent on the individuals involved. Not to say that there are't limits beyond which no real spanking should progress, but that short of those, actual limits vary almost as much as people do.

Then we come to spanking fiction. Even when it is written realistically, i tend to regard most of this as fantasy, particularly child-spanking fiction. A fictional story may be otherwise realistic but include a quite over-the-top spanking -- indeed this is not uncommon, in my experience. If so, I tend to take it as fantasy, although it may be an artistic flaw, and it may bother me if it goes to far. In such a case I will regard the closing kiss/hug/affection as a convention and a symbol.

Of course in some cases, the author may intend to depict an out-of-control spanker, one who thinks or pretends to be giving reasonable loving correction when no sane person would agree. In those cases the closing kiss or hug may be intended to show the degree of self delusion, or of cruel pretense. But I think this is less common than the fictional spanking that is written significantly more strongly that is truly realistic.

Now if we are discussing NON-fictional accounts, I have actually seen (adult) people take some very severe spankings, or whippings or other forms of BDSM, quite willingly and express and show love for the top immediately after -- the range of what is acceptable ins such a situation may be wider than you think. s long as they are truly consenting adults, I have no problem with this.

Wheatwine
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 13 Oct 2012 15:42
I have a friend who, in his schoolboy days, was paddled by the principal of his school. The principal shook hands with him after administering the paddling. From hearing about the punishment of others, my friend understood that the principal always shook hands with anyone he punished this way. My friend didn't say so, but I got the impression that he thought this behavior by the principal was weird.

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#8 | Posted: 13 Oct 2012 16:09
nibra:
Too my mind such actions often detract from some very good writing.
Is it just me or do other people react as I do?

I think most of us have things that make us make us react in a similar way, just not necessarily the same thing. For me personally - after apostrophe abuse lol - it is sex after (during/before) spanking... I find that overtly described sex, or the use of base terminology, makes me cringe. To me it detracts from the story and less is definitely more. I do however realise that I am in the minority.

If something makes you feel like that though Nibra, then it is relevant to you and wholly justified.

crumbmouse
Female Member

#9 | Posted: 13 Oct 2012 21:01
PinkAngel:
I do however realise that I am in the minority

then we are both in the minority I feel the same about that.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#10 | Posted: 14 Oct 2012 01:53
crumbmouse:
PinkAngel:
I do however realise that I am in the minority

then we are both in the minority I feel the same about that.

That goes for me as well. In fiction, why not. In my experience while on the receiving end, no emotional feeling after the spanking nor even the next few days. The emotional that was displayed was still anger.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 11
jtaylor75, Kin37, stevenr, warthur
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9