NJRick's "Obscure Story-Reading" Challenge

Page  Page 1 of 13: 1 2 3 4 5  ... 9 10 11 12 13 »»
njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 9 Oct 2012 00:05
Ok, without my usual fanfare, here's the idea -

Each member of the Library is hereby CHALLENGED to: 1) find just ONE STORY that has not heretofore been commented upon, 2) read that story, 3) COMMENT UPON IT, and then 4) come back to this thread to post: a) the Title of the story, and b) the Author's Name. That's it. Nothing more. You're free to say, or NOT say, anything else about the story when you post here. Newly-loaded stories DO NOT COUNT.

Let's see how many obscure stories we can find before this thread disappears into the abyss of "old topics."

For those of you who don't know how to find a story that has never been commented upon, it's really very simple (even I can do it). Follow these easy steps:

A) Click the "Search" button on the navigation bar
B) Enter "0" in the box for maximum number of comments
C) Enter any other preferences you have for a story (length, orientation, sexual content, ages, etc)
D) Click the "Search" button at the bottom of the page.

At this moment, there are currently 4,433 stories or other works in the Library with no comments - nearly one quarter of all items here! - so there are plenty for everybody. There's no excuse not to join in.

This is NOT A CONTEST. There will be no winners or losers, except that uncovering a hidden gem of a story may be considered a victory for all concerned.

Post-er's note: This Challenge has not, I repeat, HAS NOT, been sanctioned by the LSF Management, which undoubtedly not only will disavow any responsibility for this post, but may also wish that the post-ER himself would just crawl away into a hole someplace.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#2 | Posted: 9 Oct 2012 00:52
OK, to start things off...I read and commented on

Tower of Power - Part 1 by Katy Spankwish

The only thing I will say about this story is that I am still laughing, it was great! I found it easily on the Lucky Dip.

CS

rollin
Male Member

USA
#3 | Posted: 9 Oct 2012 00:54
I think it's a fine idea. Let's bring to light some neglected gems.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 9 Oct 2012 01:23
I'm going to add mine - "Gothos" by Billyl, an erotic and powerfully-written story. The author has only 6 stories here, but they're ALL gems (I nominated one recently for SOTD). Whether it's to you specific taste or not, you won't be disappointed in reading.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#5 | Posted: 9 Oct 2012 03:14
HEY!!!!! WHAT A GREAT IDEA.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#6 | Posted: 9 Oct 2012 04:27
Here's one: "THE NERVE TO ASK FOR A SPANKING." by Grace Brackenridge, posted 10/03/2010.
I am going to start checking out 0 comments with little reading from 2007. I found this story by accident.

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#7 | Posted: 9 Oct 2012 05:20
Fever by Eve. A very sweet and very sexy snippet!

bendover
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 9 Oct 2012 05:57
Trick or Treat by MissLilyO

This was just fantastic. A little witchery and trickery played on the nasty boys and girls who decided to damage the Jones property for not treats. This is really one for the Twilight Zone.

opb
Male Author

England
#9 | Posted: 9 Oct 2012 07:35
I've been doing this for a while, feeling sorry for the stories which had many reads and no comments I have been working my way through from those with most views and zero comments downwards (excluding serials).
I've got down to the 230 views/0 comments mark now

During this process my experience has been mixed, as one might expect. One or two have been excellent, and one or two have left me only wishing to leave a comment to the effect "I have read this story."

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 9 Oct 2012 07:47
Bizarrely enough my search brought up a Grace Brackenridge story called At The Campground, it wasn't just odd that it had garnered no comments, but also that I hadn't read it. Generally if a Grace story fits my preferences I'll read it, but this one was new to me.

Page  Page 1 of 13: 1 2 3 4 5  ... 9 10 11 12 13 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 11
brandispank, canth256, potbelliedpig, Solomono
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9