The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Limericks of few words

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 2 Sep 2012 15:51
In a moment of idle curiosity, I thought I'd check what were the longest and shortest contributions to the library. (It's very simple to do using the max and min word counts of the "Search" option.)

At the top end, "The Magistrate - Part 2" by Goodgulf reigns supreme at a hefty, shelf-bending 38,583 words. Goodgulf is also the author of the second longest, also over 30,000.

At the other end of the scale, "Cry Baby Bunting", a nursery rhyme parody by Domino takes up a mere 21 words. In joint second position we have Alef, Barrethunter and yours truly who have all submitted limericks of 23 words.

Naturally, this got me thinking about whether it's possible to do a limerick in less words - and it is! In my latest, soon to be loaded "Schoolgirl from Abergavenny" I've whittled it down to just 20. Admittedly it's not my best or funniest limerick, but it is spanking-related and in the correct meter. This means I now have the joint distinction of the shortest contribution and the shortest limerick. But how long till someone gets one down to 19 words, I wonder?

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 2 Sep 2012 17:42
AlanBarr:
But how long till someone gets one down to 19 words, I wonder?

I'm on the edge of my seat!

bendover
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 2 Sep 2012 17:54
I fell off!

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 3 Sep 2012 02:36
A few of my stories were longer. Christmas across the County Line and Arizona Vacation were both written as single part stories then broken up to make them easier to read on this site.

hmmm...
"You're bluffing! You don't have the balls to spank me." Linda taunted, hoping that she was wrong.

Not much of a story, but only 16 words...

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#5 | Posted: 3 Sep 2012 07:21
njrick:
AlanBarr:
But how long till someone gets one down to 19 words, I wonder?

I'm on the edge of my seat!

I have just written one in 16 words including the title! I think all the long words required to make the meter add up make it rather deep and meaningful haha! I will send it in tonight!

AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 3 Sep 2012 09:34
jools:
I have just written one in 16 words including the title!

This will be worth seeing!

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#7 | Posted: 3 Sep 2012 10:18
AlanBarr:
This will be worth seeing!

it is probably a load of bunkum .. it is certainly deep but I can interpret it. And with limericks being called poetry now I guessthey can be deep and meaningful haha! but to me it makes sense hahah! I will be to interesting see how it goes down... With me being so verbose usually hahaha! I had to keep my natural tendencies in check haha!
I am looking forward to yours too Alan. I wonder if u can write one of 15 words, including title! The challenge is on. Okay I AM competitive! hehe

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 3 Sep 2012 11:43
jools:
The challenge is on. Okay I AM competitive! hehe

This would be a POETRY, challenge then, would it not, due to the reclassification? Given my last-place finish in the previous poetry challenge, I choose not to participate.

opb
Male Author

England
#9 | Posted: 7 Sep 2012 12:54
"Bedroom, Bedroom - not much 'eadroom, we'd better lie down"

Runs at 9 or 10 words, and, whilst suggestive, no spanking seeing as I wrote this one several years ago for my dear vanilla.

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#10 | Posted: 7 Sep 2012 14:31
opb:
Bedroom, Bedroom - not much 'eadroom, we'd better lie down

hehe cute opb. You should post the rest of this limerick and perhaps add a spanking I like your use of the double rhyme in the first line, rhyming bedroom with 'eadroom.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 6
buffalotom, EpicGamer, myrkassi, windar1
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9