The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Advice please?

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
islandcarol
Female Author

USA
#11 | Posted: 20 Aug 2012 19:59
opb:
Now of course, there are many people who act in unusual ways in real life, and even if there weren't, this is fiction, so they can fairly be written, but the ability to read smoothly without such distractions intervening is important and so unless the character is genuinely intended to be a girly man or a mannish girl it's best to try to get the feel right using the methods described above by rollin & Seegee.

I'm on the fence here, folks. There are certain characteristics that are inherently male or female and I enjoy reading stories where I don't have to stop and do an analysis on a comment or action of a character if it seems out of character. I want to writer to pamper me and make it all smooth and lyrical. That doesn't mean each part of the story has to be perfectly predictable but once you define a character as , say, a straight arrow, always operating by the book, s/he could step out of character once, but not again and again- unless change is the theme of the story.
You may be worrying too much, Reader. I grappled with creating a male bottom- I didn't want him to be a woosie, I just wanted him to enjoy getting spanked. Other than that, he is still a horny, insecure male looking for a happy ending. He has scars from childhood and a suitable ego. I am stunned at the variety of perceptions readers come away with. Your readers will fill in the blanks.

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 10
Berksblade2, Derrick30, rickf, school, Tengen, TimeLee
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9