The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

An interesting discovery ...

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 18 Jul 2012 23:40
Before telling you what I have discovered, I would like to make it clear that it was curiosity and not vanity which caused me to discover it ...

You can favourite your own stories!

Now I've made up my mind to do the decent thing and unfavourite the one I tested, and NEVER to favourite any others of my own EVER AGAIN.

Tempting though, isn't it .....

Iconoclast13
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 19 Jul 2012 00:11
I did the same thing. I clicked on the star, thinking, "Hmm, maybe this will list all the people who added the story to their favorites." But, hey, that's how we learn things, right? If it weren't for trial and error, the atomic bomb would never have been invented and every high school shop teacher would still have all his fingers.

AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 19 Jul 2012 00:16
It's possible this shady practice could already be rife within the library. The important thing now is to root out all offenders and make sure they're properly punished ....

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 19 Jul 2012 00:37
AlanBarr:
You can favourite your own stories! The important thing now is to root out all offenders and make sure they're properly punished ....

I thought we were SUPPOSED to favorite all our own stories. See? You learn something new every day.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#5 | Posted: 19 Jul 2012 00:46
You never know what a button does until you push it. Like, on my atomic submarine here, I wonder about this big red one with the sign that says WARNING! I'll just push it and see what happens......

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 19 Jul 2012 00:49
rollin:
I wonder about this big red one with the sign that says WARNING! I'll just push it and see what happens......

Be careful!!!! It might void the warranty!!!

bendover
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 19 Jul 2012 06:10
I couldn't live with the fact that I did something like that. I'd love to have more favorites, but I want it from the readers appreciation of my work.

opb
Male Author

England
#8 | Posted: 19 Jul 2012 11:44
But all my stories are my own favourites, I know that, so I don't need to push the big red button just to remind me.

Of course I know that my own readers are so humble that they don't feel they should bring attention to themselves by favouriting my stories. I understand.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 19 Jul 2012 12:17
opb:
they don't feel they should bring attention to themselves by favouriting my stories.

Especially since there's no way of knowing who has favorited a particular story.

smeple
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 19 Jul 2012 13:44
the real problem is you can only favorite your own stories ONCE.

I've always assumed all those authors who have, like, 1000 favorites, have figured a way around those limitations (maybe bribing Februs with some crisps, or with an unlimited supply of standards-compliant browsers).

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 6
AlanBarr, cossington, Geoffrey, Kman22, Koalabaellchen, Michito21, Redwolf64, Seegee
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9