The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

RIP Alex Birch

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 27 Feb 2010 23:37
Our thanks to jimisim who has written this obituary for Alex Birch.

I like many others was devastated when Clifford posted the awful news that Alex had died of pneunomia after a fight with bowel cancer in Birmingham, England. I had known he was ill and was awaiting a reply to an email asking him how he was as he hadn't posted for a few weeks; it never came.

Regrettably I never met Alex, I was intending to meet him with others in Bath, however my aged mother was ill and I missed out on the opportunity. We had an understanding to meet next time my team Southampton played his beloved West Brom but it never happened.

My first encounter with Alex's stories was through the legendary Janus, the doyen of all spanking magazines. I used to pop in the shop when in London and soon concluded that Alex was in my opinion their star writer and any mag containing one of his stories was immediately purchased.

His relationship further developed when Lynn Paula Russell (the best erotic spanking illustrator) edited Februs. One of his best stories - 'The Curate's Wife' illustrated by Paula, will always be a classic. She also enhanced some of his other stories with erotic illustrations.

Later I was delighted to discover A Taste of the Birch, his public blog, and joined Flaming Cheeks as soon as possible. It was at this time after many years of reading stories and now with time on my hands after a heart operation and forcibly semi-retired I had time to consider writing.

It was with enormous trepidation that "I broke my duck" on Flaming Cheeks and will for ever be grateful for his encouragement. I have since been a regular contributor to Flaming Cheeks and we obviously shared much in common. He had a sure and gentle knack of making sure that every contributor felt valued and genially dowsed any flames that occurred.

Alex you will be greatly missed and I am very pleased that most of your stories are safely and readily stored and available on this Library.

Your suffering has now ended, Rest in Peace my friend.

Jimi

Malahide
Male Author

England
#12 | Posted: 28 Feb 2010 15:55
Very sad news there is no doubt Alex was a classic writer of the highest calibre.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#13 | Posted: 28 Feb 2010 21:33
Linda
I feel the same. The stories were fun and a little bit for everyone.

6otb
Male Member

England
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 1 Mar 2010 22:51
Thankyou Jimi you have summed it all up perfectly...

So long Alex - and thanks. There are many of us who will remember you.

RO

oldtom
Male Member

England
#15 | Posted: 24 Mar 2010 21:56
I have only just learnt of the death of Alex Birch and I am very sad. I didn't know, although guessed, that he was battling with cancer and was concerned. I much regret his passing as I admired him from afar.
Old Tom

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 8 Apr 2010 02:16
Alex (Birch) wasn't just a skilled writer of spanking stories, although he certainly was that, I also greatly enjoyed his political insights in comparing situations in the U.K. with those in the U.S.A. These comments were on the soc.sexuality.spanking newsgroup, in which some posters didn't care for OT political discussion, but I found his insights quite interesting.

I'll miss his contributions to the SSS newsgroup's summer Short Story Contest, a few of which I was assigned to comment on as a volunteer reader/reviewer the past couple summers. He was able to get some intriguing storyline "twists" in his limited-word contest entries.

Alex often took a major role in the newsgroup's SSC, at least once serving as "dictator" (director) and always as a reader/reviewer as far back as I can remember--his comments were pretty pointed and direct, I do remember that.

He's definitely being missed...

--C.K.

pinni123
Male Member

Germany
#17 | Posted: 7 Feb 2013 15:40
i have read many of stories he had written.I thing it is a great casualtis for all friends of a strict education

Varion
Male Member

Germany
#18 | Posted: 7 Feb 2013 15:53
May you Rest in eternal peace Alex.

turk
Male Member

USA
#19 | Posted: 9 Feb 2013 01:55
The best wishes always, thanks. Turk

sixofthebest
Male Member

USA
#20 | Posted: 24 Feb 2013 01:55
Alex Birch, will remembered by us 'spanko's, as the William Shakespeare of spanking writers. That is saying a mouthful. But in my opinion it is the truth. His authorship of spanking stories were superb. The variety, the detail, the prolific volume, the command of the 'spanko' english language, that entailed his spanking stories, were terrific. He will be missed. I am sure by all of us who read his stories, and his blog.

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 9
Andrew14, Coni500, donaldo, golfer51, preston27, Richard_Windsor, sssmith55, tritonguy, westviking
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9