The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

The Challenges

Page  Page 4 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4
barretthunter
Male Author

England
#31 | Posted: 29 Mar 2012 16:52
kephren:
Being British I suppose the age old cliché sums up my point of view "It's not the winning that counts but the taking part."

emblazoned on the banners of our armed forces in every war from the Civil War on!

rollin
Male Member

USA
#32 | Posted: 29 Mar 2012 18:21
barretthunter:
emblazoned on the banners of our armed forces in every war from the Civil War on!

Aren't you getting confused with the French armed forces?

blimp
Male Author

England
#33 | Posted: 29 Mar 2012 20:38
barretthunter:

You must be looking at some peculiar history books, barrethunter, in fact, it sounds very much like the story of the English football team, since 1966!

frankfane
Male Author

England
#34 | Posted: 30 Mar 2012 18:13
I rather wish the English Football team had indeed always taken part in some of the competitions.

Please don't remind me, I come over to LSF get away from memories of shame and ritual humiliation.

Other nationals would not understand the English compulsion to believe we're any good at the damn game!

barcelona
Female Member

USA
#35 | Posted: 1 Apr 2012 01:26
My 2 cents worth....If the purpose of the challenge is to attract new authors, and it is not really a competition...then why have voting? Perceived as a competition or not, folks seem to get wrapped around about who's story gets the most votes, and therefore is "better" than others. I do not get around to reading all of the entries, and therefore would probably only vote on those I read. Please keep this for it's intended purpose. No one should feel slighted in any way...especially since the object is to attract new writers, and allow all to express their creativity.

imreadonly2
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#36 | Posted: 1 Apr 2012 02:01
As I said to My fellow author Janine, based on the incredibly kind, supportive, and enthusiastic comments we got I felt as much a winner as if I had earned a ribbon. And coming in after the other writers is no cause for alarm for anyone, given the incredible quality of the writing on the board.

The contest aspect encourages writers to write an readers to read, and everyone who does so wins. Thanks for letting me enter!!!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#37 | Posted: 1 Apr 2012 05:29
imreadonly2:
The contest aspect encourages writers to write an readers to read, and everyone who does so wins. Thanks for letting me enter!!!

Ditto. The $100 entry fee was really worth it.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#38 | Posted: 1 Apr 2012 05:34
njrick:
Ditto. The $100 entry fee was really worth it.

Darn, I knew there was something I was appointed to do on this site. Please forward all your entry cheques for the $100.00 to me immediately. Failure to do so will result in any votes given to your story will be assigned to my stories. Please contact me for an email address and Pay Pal account to pay.

CS

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#39 | Posted: 1 Apr 2012 05:49
canadianspankee:
I knew there was something I was appointed to do on this site

Geesh. Give him just one little job to do, and see what happens?

Page  Page 4 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4

Online now: Members - 2 : Guests - 8
sammyb2, yenwen89
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9