The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Comments

Page  Page 8 of 9: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »»
jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#71 | Posted: 19 Nov 2011 20:22
I would add my admiration to Basil d'Oliviera, who was a great cricketer,in the spirit of cricket.
And as a totally off topic aside to Danny Swottem-the best football team in Hamoshire are doing rather well!

opb
Male Author

England
#72 | Posted: 19 Nov 2011 20:32
They certainly are Jimi.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#73 | Posted: 19 Nov 2011 21:05
Happy to endorse the comment on "Dolly", though he was a better batsman than bowler. On the French role, I recall reading that when some Free French combatants were first captured by the Germans, Hitler was going to have them shot but Churchill, under pressure from De Gaulle, threatened retaliation against German prisoners and it didn't happen. Free French units played an important role in North Africa.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#74 | Posted: 19 Nov 2011 22:03
Although France fell the resistance never failed and it played a vital role in giving of info and destroying vital installations when they could. A lot of good French people died for the cause just as the resistance did in many countries. The total resistance against German occupation took a large number of troops up so they could not be deployed on the front lines.

Just like there were good Germans who actively sought ways to bring the Nazi government down, a lot of them lost their lives as well.

We all credit the army, navy and air forces for winning the war and in a sense they did, but the common Resistance fighter and those who took passive but deliberate steps against the occupying forces also played a vital role and should not be forgotten in this discussion.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#75 | Posted: 20 Nov 2011 00:16
We actually had an Australian in the French Resistance. Her name was Nancy Wake, she was known as the White Mouse. She only passed away fairly recently, too.

DannySwottem5
Male Member

England
#76 | Posted: 20 Nov 2011 11:12
Come on you Saints ! Gus reckoned Saints play like Dagenham and Redbridge, dunno about that but even if it`s true it was still too good for the Seagulls. Nice one Ricky, nice one son ! ( or should that be nice three? )

I shouldn`t worry too much about meandering off-topic Jimisim, this saga has more threads than Coats Cotton and has been much the better for it.

blimp
Male Author

England
#77 | Posted: 20 Nov 2011 11:24
DannySwottem5:
Come on you Saints !

I must confess I couldn't resist the 7/1 on offer for a Brighton victory!! Should have known better! They surely must lose at home to someone this season though! Not that I shan't be happy to see them go up. West ham are getting lots of points without playing that well so they could be the main danger. If the Hammers can start winning at home with the ease they win away I really can see them catching you!

DannySwottem5
Male Member

England
#78 | Posted: 20 Nov 2011 12:17
Blimey Blimp those odds were a bit, well, odd to my way of thinking. Don`t blame you for having a punt though because football`s a funny old game and even at Fortress St Mary`s it will happen eventually.

I`ve got no problem with a great footballing team with a fine pedigree as the "Hammers" catching us up, they underachieve in the main but will get back to where they belong in time for sure.

Bye the bye Blimp, many, many years ago there was a West Ham "Hammers" Speedway team and I loved to watch them race against Southampton who were also known as the "Saints". Southampton`s tabards were red and white stripes whilst West Ham`s were the crossed hammers. I`m getting misty eyed nostalgic just thinking about those days so I`d better close now but I just thought I`d mention it.

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#79 | Posted: 20 Nov 2011 13:24
Good grief Danny ; you're going back a bit. Although I watched the Saints from 63-64; I never went to Southampton speedway-probably due to living 12 miles north and too much homework.
The only speedway I watched was at Poole Pirates, and I worked as a Saturday boy with Barry Brigg's brother!
I do remember Bannister Rd as the home of the Top rank where we went every Sat night-(except when we travelled away to watch Saints), in our "moddy-boy uniforms " of smart blue suits, clean shirts, paisley ties and cravats, navy blue 3.4 length macs and brown brogue shoes.
That was before I became a long-haired student and more hippy.
The most notable night there was watching the great "Little (as he was the called) Stevie Wonder live!!!
Imagine a superstar playing a ballroom nowadays!
I read later that amongst his backing musicians on that tour was none other than the great Jimi Hendrix!!!
Back to footy- I would love the Saints to go up as champions as on the other four promotions I remember we have always been second!
But as long Saints and The Hammers-My late father in law's team go up I shall be happy!!
Some of the clever short passing and keep-ball we are playing this season is amazing for the Championship!!
Once again I have managed to extend this thread!!!

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#80 | Posted: 20 Nov 2011 17:55
This is beginning to sound like those hilarious Staring competition commentaries, so reminiscent of cricket or golf commentary, especially on radio, on the first series of "Big Train" - one ran something like this: "Roger Porritt! Oh yes, Brian, you've really got me going there (pause). We used to call him 'Tall Man!'." Entire audience wonders: what the hell??? Commentary team know what they're talking about.

QPR won away yesterday. Colin triumphs again!

Page  Page 8 of 9: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 9
DjZolt, Howabout, oldog, Publikk, Rachel615, Ree
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9