The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Picture Story Challenge, August 2011

Page  Page 5 of 13: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ... 11 12 13 »»
Alef
Male Author

Norway
#41 | Posted: 1 Sep 2011 19:10
AlanBarr:
t's just a question of finding which one floats your boat, really.

You may have a point; in the stories I have read so far, at least one boat has sunk and a fair number have capsized. The standard of rowing is abysmal — it must be a long time since Britain ruled the waves. About time to replace that one-eyed sailor on Trafalgar Square by a football player!

blimp
Male Author

England
#42 | Posted: 1 Sep 2011 21:46
AlanBarr:
It's just a question of finding which one floats your boat, really.

(Sorry! )

I should think so too!!! This forum is no place for verbal puns!!!!!!!!

guyde
Male Author

USA
#43 | Posted: 1 Sep 2011 23:52
On the competition entries, as far as I can tell, no one is making any comments, although the ability to do so seems to be switched on.

Are all comments hidden from public scrutiny until after the results are declared?

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#44 | Posted: 2 Sep 2011 00:02
guyde:
On the competition entries, as far as I can tell, no one is making any comments, although the ability to do so seems to be switched on.

Are all comments hidden from public scrutiny until after the results are declared?

194 comments were made today, and only a few displayed, and that's because the remainder are all comments made on the challenge stories.

The comment notification is disabled for challenge stories.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#45 | Posted: 2 Sep 2011 01:59
So is the comment counter on the stats page. Previously you could see that comments were being made on your stories because the stats counter would advance, you just could not actually see them. This was pretty interesting to watch but you wondered what people were saying. Still I wish that ol clicker was turned on but I can see why it's not.

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#46 | Posted: 2 Sep 2011 02:57
It would be interesting if the authors could see comments on their own stories and the votes that they were given as they came in even if nobody else could see them. That would not influence the voting.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#47 | Posted: 2 Sep 2011 03:32
blimp:
This forum is no place for verbal puns!!!!!!!!

We should all stick to visual ones.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#48 | Posted: 2 Sep 2011 04:54
re tiptoppers comment. Yes that would be interesting but I bet it's technically complicated to turn off comment views one place and allow them in others. You might have to do that author by author---lots of work for His Februsity. The guy needs a vacation as it is. Of course if he wants to take up the gauntlet....

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#49 | Posted: 2 Sep 2011 05:03
tiptopper:
interesting if the authors could see comments on their own stories and the votes that they were given

I think beyond being a technical nightmare as rollin brings out, this would discourage people from voting, especially if they felt like given a lower score. I would love to see the comments made on the stories however I think it has to be the way it is.

Besides if one has a story submitted just think of the number of comments and views added to one's stats in one day.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#50 | Posted: 2 Sep 2011 21:37
njrick:
blimp: This forum is no place for verbal puns!!!!!!!!
We should all stick to visual ones.

Non-verbal puns? That reminds me of a council officer going on about "directional signposts". I felt like suggesting non-directional ones would be preferable.

Page  Page 5 of 13: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ... 11 12 13 »»

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 6
burrusse, donaldo, dund93, Flatfish, Redskinluver
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9