The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

What the Dickens ...?

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 8 Jan 2010 14:32
Someone commented on a story of mine recently, referring to the name I had used for a headmaster, which reminded him of some of the wonderfully funny names that Charles Dickens had for many of his characters.

Let's see now - there's Pecksniff, Bumble and Pumblechook; Mealy Potatoes and Betsy Prig; Nipper, Wackles, Blathers, and Hannibal Chollop ... and I'm sure there must be countless others.

It just made me think - what great names to 'borrow' for characters in a spanking story.

I challenge you to write Dickensian character names into a spanking story

flopsy

blimp
Male Author

England
#2 | Posted: 8 Jan 2010 16:04
Interesting. Has anyone I wonder come across three of Charles Dicken's lesser known works, namely Uriah Heeps' Schooldays, Mr Murdstone's How to deal with a Boy that Bites and it's companion volume Miss Murdstone's The cane that biteth like a serpent published by the Religious Tract Society. Sorry just being silly!!!

jsanon
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 8 Jan 2010 17:40
For readers of this library, I think the best name for a character comes not from Dickens but from Fielding: Mr. Thwackum, in "Tom Jones" (and, he does).

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 8 Jan 2010 22:10
Hmmmm...Well, the spankee most likely to provide a lot of frustration for Dickensian disciplinarians would likely be Jack Dawkins, better known as the "Artful Dodger"... --C.K.

blimp
Male Author

England
#5 | Posted: 8 Jan 2010 23:35
Does anyone remember Faceache in the Buster? He had a headmaster fond of caning called Mr Thrashbottom.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 9 Jan 2010 00:01
Australian comic; Ginger Meggs, had one teacher named Flogwell.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 10 Jan 2010 05:29
This is a bit off-topic but related. Years ago I was addicted to a PC flight simulator game called "Red Baron". In the game you got to pick a side in World War I and be their flying ace. You got to choose a name and an entry date into the war. It was part strategy, part skill, and part role play. I always enjoyed coming up with silly spank-related names that sounded French, German, or English: Jacques Sorbonnes, Rudolph Spanckenhinder, and Charlie Throbinbottom....to name a few!

blimp
Male Author

England
#8 | Posted: 10 Jan 2010 17:17
kdpierre- Did you ever come up against Miss C. Vere

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 11 Jan 2010 09:55
There was a comedienne here who went by the name of Elle McFeast, she once did a lifestyle thing where she wandered around the streets of London, getting vox pops, while wearing a tight t-shirt emblazoned with the legend: Lady Spankbottom across her impressive chest.

ruegirl
Female Member

Australia
#10 | Posted: 25 Jan 2010 01:52
This thread may help me - I find names the most difficult thing, my characters often have several different names before I'm happy with them. I've given up on writing a story because I just couldn't get good names for the characters.

So now... hmmm..... maybe I'll go Dickensian, and give them all some spank-related names!

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 2 : Guests - 8
cat49, danjackson84
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9