LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

Bots

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 19 May 2011 15:36
Just a brief note for those enquiring about the bots that have started appearing on the Activity page. The majority of them are simply agents acting on behalf of search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing etc to collect data for their search engines. They are able to see very little of the site, just the same as someone who is not logged on would see. They've always been here but I decided to reveal a few of them just out of interest and because I had nothing better to do. Anyway, if they get up to any mischief we shall send Miss Thrashbottom to deal with them.

billboard
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 19 May 2011 15:45
It's good to know we have you to look after them, Februs. You do a great job and this site is "spiffy."

corncrake
Female Author

Scotland
#3 | Posted: 19 May 2011 15:50
Thanks for the reassurance, Februs.
I do think, though, that we had better find more stuff
to keep you occupied and out of mischief ...
Their faces are scary - or is that really their national flag?

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 19 May 2011 16:46
corncrake:
Their faces are scary - or is that really their national flag?

I believe one of them is a sherry-stealing bot so better make sure you keep your supply well away from them.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#5 | Posted: 19 May 2011 20:52
I was just going to write-in and ask about it. As long as they are legitimate search engines.

katyj
Female Member

USA
#6 | Posted: 20 May 2011 00:36
Februs, it you need something to do, on the ABOUT BANNERS page. "If you'd link to link" could be changed to like to link. And you could position the cursor on the login page so I don't have to click on the id space. Call me lazy, what can I say.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 20 May 2011 00:47
katyj:
Februs, it you need something to do, on the ABOUT BANNERS page. "If you'd link to link" could be changed to like to link. And you could position the cursor on the login page so I don't have to click on the id space. Call me lazy, what can I say.

Right, I've done both of those so can now go back to bot-hunting once again

katyj
Female Member

USA
#8 | Posted: 20 May 2011 01:31
Februs, thank-you so much. Katy

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 6
Biokinton, Chuck36, Geoffrey, hundjager, morgothrond
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9