LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

Mentors/Tips for authors

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 12 Apr 2011 19:09
We like to encourage new writers, and are fortunate in that there is a steady trickle of new authors coming through the ranks. It can be quite a big thing, plucking up courage to submit that first story - especially given that we are a library as opposed to an exclusively forum-based site. With the latter, people can post pretty much anything with little or no editorial control, whereas here, we do expect a basic level of spelling, grammar, dialogue and pre formatting.

Writing dialogue can be tricky at first, and many people struggle with wondering where to put the speech marks and whether the punctuation goes inside or outside of the speech marks. They might forget to use a separate line for each person that is speaking, or they may forget to use question marks and full stops at the end of sentences.

We will shortly be making available a page of information for authors, but in the meantime I wondered if there are any established authors who would be willing to devote some of their spare time in mentoring someone new to writing?

This would presumably work by an exchange of emails between the two parties concerned, and could perhaps facilitate a discussion of plot, sub plot, use of the appropriate tense and grammar, paragraph breaks, dialogue and so forth.

Any willing volunteers, please make yourselves known via popup

Many thanks, flopsy
(hides under the desk to avoid being trampled in the rush)

kleestep1959
Female Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 12 Apr 2011 21:43
I will be glad to help out if I can. Just let me know.

Katie B.

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 13
DEllis, FlorianP, KinkyKangaroo46, stevenr, Trajan
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9