The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

'Select Author' update

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3
Guy
Male Author

USA
#21 | Posted: 8 Apr 2011 15:21
canadianspankee:
On occasion I get a popup from someone who writes under a different name and I have no idea what their message is about unless they identify the story I commented on.

As both an author and a frequent commenter, I see both sides of this issue. Yes, I do get responses back from authors who have apparently assumed that I would somehow know what story they were talking about. I think this is more of an "educational thing" for us authors rather than something Februs can fix.

I usually respond to comments on my stories, and my response typically starts with something like this: "Thanks for your comment on 'Story Name'.

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#22 | Posted: 8 Apr 2011 19:40
I find the new method a lot quicker - type T, choose from a short list, Bang.

Gotta move with the times, folks. Whilst RL libraries all over the UK are closing, this one is adding authors, members and texts with relentless glee.

In the current competitive environment of the international spanking libraries market, speed of access is paramount - and as penetration of the Chinese readerzone deepens, spurred on by the new craze for Implement architecture (cf. Beth's post), yer drop-down menu just won't hack it: those 2 billion readers will be off to Beijing Beltings or Shrieks in Shanghai before you can say bend over.

nibra
Male Author

England
#23 | Posted: 8 Apr 2011 19:51
Februs
I found the new system for finding an author confusing at first, but now I think it is fine. Don't know how you folks find the time to do so much work on the site.

I agree, regarding pop ups, that we should all get into the habit of saying which story we are referring to. This especially as more people seem to be making comments now which is good, regards Nibra/Nancy Wing

DannySwottem5
Male Member

England
#24 | Posted: 9 Apr 2011 01:12
It`s not a problem any longer for me because I now ignore the Select Author box completely and use the browse facility each time I visit. I am grateful to the powers that be that there is an alternative route to be able to access those stories which I prefer to read.

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 8
ArgoTheDark, Bluke, cwh, fanman52, FiddlersGreen, Siergiej345, wilmur408
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9