LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

Story comment editing/deleting

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 26 Mar 2011 21:14
It should now be possible to edit or delete any comments you have made on a library submission up to 24 hours after making it. This is basically to allow for the correction of any typos etc that you might have made but should also allow additional text to be added if there was something else you had wanted to say.

Comments which can be edited or deleted should have a couple of icons visible in the bottom right of the comment area. The icons should be self-explanatory but if you hover over them you should be shown what they do. Clicking the 'edit comment' icon should place you back in the comment editor with your original text being visible outside of the comment box. Once you are happy with your edits, click the Update button.

I've tested it as much as I can but it's a little tricky to test it from the point of view of another member to the fullest extent without going to a lot of trouble so if anyone has any problems with it perhaps they could let me know as soon as possible.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 26 Mar 2011 23:36
Oh this is great! I have wished for that function many times. I can't seem to see my typos until after I hit "Post". I don't know where you find time to do this stuff.

Just in case you find more time someday far in the future: a "Spell Check" button like the one that recently appeared here in the forum would be a great help. In Firefox (at least on my computer) the auto spell check is only partly functional inside the comment box. (It red underlines misspelled words, but no spell suggestions)

Thanks Febs!

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 26 Mar 2011 23:50
Yet another advance towards linguistic exactitude, and in member ease-and-comfort, from the incomparable Februs! Have sometimes wished for this one.
Thank you, Code-Master.
But when will soft cushions be provided in the reading areas?

Guy
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 27 Mar 2011 00:25
TheEnglishMaster:
But when will soft cushions be provided in the reading areas?

And an in-house Starbucks?

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#5 | Posted: 27 Mar 2011 01:53
Guy:
In Firefox (at least on my computer) the auto spell check is only partly functional inside the comment box. (It red underlines misspelled words, but no spell suggestions)

Use Google Chrome. No problem on spell check. I now use it exclusively on everything. I really use I. E. 8 or firefox.

runcy
Male Author

England
#6 | Posted: 27 Mar 2011 02:44
Dosen't make that much difference to me, I never notice my typo's till Lori points them out, an god does she not point them out!

saetana
Female Member

England
#7 | Posted: 27 Mar 2011 03:04
Yes, it works, I spotted the edit icon on a comment I left on a story before I came to the forum, I wasn't sure how long it had been there but it enabled me to make a small change, no typos, I'm just fussy and always want to go back and edit things, I usually edit my forum posts more than once before I'm (mostly) satisfied with them, great new feature

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 27 Mar 2011 05:45
Thanks, Februs. It's a big help for those of us who don't always think, or proofread, before hitting "comment." And your quick turn-around on the request allowed me to go back and delete the mistaken comment before the 24 hours was up!

Janine
Female Validater

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 30 Mar 2011 16:16
Awesome feature! Just now discovering it. Thanks, Februs!

flowerchild
Female Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 30 Mar 2011 18:25
I already used it this morning, when I wanted to add to the post I'd made. I had thought then to start up a queue here on the forum about it, but my time was limited then. So,I will just ad many thanks. Too often I hit that post button before I should.

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 7
bassod, Cal33, canio6, canth256
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9