The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

Popup message archive: magnify function

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 9 Mar 2011 19:52
Given that the text is a little small in the popup message archive I've added the ability to magnify it just by clicking on the text of the actual popup message. Clicking on the same text should return it back to its original size. The change in font size isn't permanent, just think of it as holding a magnifying glass over things .. now if only I could magnify a bag of crisps so easily....

Note: The popup message magnifier function has been approved by the Library of Spanking Fiction Health & Safety Executive...

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#2 | Posted: 9 Mar 2011 20:05
Februs:
now if only I could magnify a bag of crisps so easily....

Excellent idea for the pop ups, but why only a bag of crisps (whatever they are, is there a Canadian term for them?), why not use it on a hairbrush or paddle, just think, if one found their spankee's butt had grown somewhat over the years, we could simply magnify it and the implement would then better suit the bottom presented. Or if one's bottom was on the smaller side and the spanker wanted more to wallop then it could magnify it so there would be more to spank. I think the magnifying effect could be used well beyond just for pop ups.

corncrake
Female Author

Scotland
#3 | Posted: 9 Mar 2011 20:06
Thank you, Februs, you are a real wizard!
Probably fortunate that the facility doesn't transfer into a liquid environment

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 9 Mar 2011 21:01
canadianspankee:
Excellent idea for the pop ups, but why only a bag of crisps (whatever they are, is there a Canadian term for them?),

Candianspankee,

I believe "crisps" is the British term for what we in North America call "potato chips". I think that the British term is derived from the fact that "crisp" also can mean "rippled with minute waves" which is the shape of most potato chips. Also what we call "french fries" is what the British call "chips" as in "fish and chips".

When I write a story where the location is in the U.K. I have to watch out for the different expressions used by Americans and Britons. By the way, American English is older than British English. Modern English as spoken in the U.K. has evolved in the last 2 hundred years. Americans mostly use the older form. Linguists say that an American actor reciting Shakespeare sounds closer to the original than a modern British actor does.

(I really wish that the Forum had a spell-checker funtion. I have to proofread my messages several times and even then I am not sure that I have not made any mistkes...mastikes...mistakes)

Tiptopper

Linda
Female Author

Scotland
#5 | Posted: 9 Mar 2011 21:24
tiptopper:
I think that the British term is derived from the fact that "crisp" also can mean "rippled with minute waves" which is the shape of most potato chips.

And here was I thinking they were called crisps because they are crisp as opposed to soft and soggy.

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 9 Mar 2011 21:33
Linda:
And here was I thinking they were called crisps because they are crisp as opposed to soft and soggy.

Linda,

You are probably partly right. I think that it is a double meaning.

Tiptopper

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 9 Mar 2011 21:43
tiptopper:
(I really wish that the Forum had a spell-checker funtion. I have to proofread my messages several times and even then I am not sure that I have not made any mistkes...mastikes...mistakes)

Not if you use Firefox, it has a spellchecker built in (as well as a huge number of useful plugins available such as Adblock Plus which I couldn't do without)

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#8 | Posted: 10 Mar 2011 03:32
Februs, your pop up archive magnifier is really nifty ...you are a genius!! And I've just noticed the spell checker function below the reply window (is that new..'cos I didn't notice it before? LOL). Anyway it's yet another fantastic feature to this wonderful library! Great stuff

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#9 | Posted: 10 Mar 2011 06:21
If you use Google Chrome, it also has a spell checker in everything that you write. Great idea. I now use it exclusively with the Library.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 10 Mar 2011 18:47
jools:
And I've just noticed the spell checker function below the reply window (is that new..'cos I didn't notice it before? LOL).

Yes I just added it, it's pretty basic but might be of use to those not using Firefox or Chrome.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 2 : Guests - 16
Balor, tyrport
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9