LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

A Reminder to authors about responding to comments

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 4 Nov 2010 13:34
Thought it might be useful to highlight the following in case anyone isn't aware of this feature:

If you're an author who's viewing the comments on one of your stories and you want to thank or have further dialogue with the person who made the comment, you can do so by clicking their name next to their comment. You will then be presented with a text box where you can type a pop-up message to them which they will receive the next time they are on the site.

Also, you can view popup messages you may have missed (perhaps because you were typing something when it popped up), by clicking the little monitor icon found at the top left of the Activity page table. Further info is available under the Activity section of the Help pages.

flowerchild
Female Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 4 Nov 2010 18:41
Thank you for this tid bit of information. I wondered if comments could be made on comments, and how.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#3 | Posted: 4 Nov 2010 23:21
Presumably, though, there's nothing wrong with exchanges in the comments if these are likely to interest others and aren't too personal etc.

flowerchild
Female Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 5 Nov 2010 13:47
No, nothing wrong in that way, but I dont always remember where I commented last, and don't usually go back to read comments I left, so would not be aware that an author has commented to me on a comment I've made. lol just sayin'.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 5 Nov 2010 14:10
flowerchild:
but I dont always remember where I commented last, and don't usually go back to read comments

But our wizard Februs has made it easy for us to do just that. No memory required! Push the [Latest] button, then [My Comments] to get a list of your latest comments. Then push on the little icon near the right side of each line to see if any other comments have been added for that story. I often check back on my last few comments to see what others have said.

Guy

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 5
Clarity, DEllis, goddan, greyrain, Rain, ronclute, shyshosho, tigger
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9