LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

Note for Authors: Enema etc Stories

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 30 Oct 2010 18:31
A small number of stories submitted for inclusion in the library are rejected for various reasons. We sometimes turn back a few that are not suitable from a content perspective, so I thought it might be helpful to outline that the stories we are interested in loading are those that are predominantly spanking stories, as opposed to stories that explore some other fetish which has an element of spanking thrown in to the mix.

So if an author wants to go into great detail about the insertion of rectal thermometers, enema tubes, or any other object to be inserted up the anus, and the subsequent results of such actions ... then it's highly likely we won't accept the story as it doesn't fall within our remit.

There are many sites on the internet where people can both post and read such stories and we are not making a personal judgement about anyone who wishes to do that - just emphasising that the stories we are keen to acquire for the Library of Spanking Fiction are those which focus on spanking.

Thanks, flopsy

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 31 Oct 2010 14:55
Flopsy,

I assume that you mean that the main part of the story should be about spanking but that you do not reject stories that have other kinky elements in them, even detailed elements, as long as they are peripheral to the main spanking story.

In other words, spanking should be the central part of the story. Is that correct?

Tiptopper

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 31 Oct 2010 17:15
tiptopper:
I assume that you mean that the main part of the story should be about spanking but that you do not reject stories that have other kinky elements in them, even detailed elements, as long as they are peripheral to the main spanking story.

In other words, spanking should be the central part of the story. Is that correct?

Yes, given that this is the Library of Spanking Fiction, spanking should be a key element of the story. That doesn't mean that we exclude other kinks and fetishes if they happen to be thrown into the mix of a well written story. But what we don't want are detailed accounts of distasteful material which is likely to cause significant offence.

A brief mention of a rectal thermometer or enema or butt plug is one thing, but when the story shifts away from spanking into areas like this, the entire balance changes. We will not accept stories which incorporate scat or watersports or heavy BDSM, nor do we want descriptive passages about enemas and defecation.

Each story is judged on it's merits, so if you have something you are not sure about, send it in and we'll assess it and get back to you.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 31 Oct 2010 19:07
flopsybunny:
A brief mention of a rectal thermometer or enema or butt plug is one thing, but when the story shifts away from spanking into areas like this, the entire balance changes. We will not accept stories which incorporate scat or watersports or heavy BDSM, nor do we want descriptive passages about enemas and defecation.

Thank you. I'll never be judgmental about someone else's kink (I can only imagine what certain people might think of mine), but since, as flopsy says, this is the Library of SPANKING fiction, and THAT is what I come here to read, I appreciate not finding other things by accident. And for anyone who might say that we can create separate categories and labels to keep those stories separate, my answer would be - doesn't the fine staff already have enough to do without having to handle a larger range (and number!) of stories, particularly if it means reading material (to validate it) that doesn't appeal to them?

runcy
Male Author

England
#5 | Posted: 31 Oct 2010 20:05
I agree with njrick there should be no reason to widen - the already large - selection of categories and labels that are already available.
It is the Library Of Spanking Fiction and I believe it should continue to be "exactly what it says on the tin" to paraphrase a well known advert.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 1 Nov 2010 02:53
runcy:
"exactly what it says on the tin" to paraphrase a well known advert.

"well known?" Perhaps, depending on where you're from. But well-known or not, it most certainly applies.

Wheatwine
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 2 Nov 2010 03:04
Flopsybunny, I give you 100% support for this policy. (Not that you need my support, but for what it's worth, you have it anyway.) Let me also take this opportunity to say this is the best spanking stories site I've ever seen on the internet, so you're obviously doing a lot of things right. - Tom

opb
Male Author

England
#8 | Posted: 24 Jul 2011 11:39
Just a question about the "contains spanking" requirement - not related to other fetish activities.

Whilst I fully understand that this is the Library of Spanking Fiction ( as it really does say on the tin) what's the line on stories which don't contain spanking but it remains an underlying threat or fear?

Quite often I like to play with these topics without the characters actually being spanked. Obviously there are plenty of fine stories which concentrate on the fear of a spanking which is definitely going to take place, but what if it doesn't, or remains just a possibility?

As an example - The familiar schoolgirl-misdemeanour-headmaster's ultimatum "CP or expulsion" story would be very amusing in this forum if expulsion were chosen.

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 24 Jul 2011 12:08
opb:
As an example - The familiar schoolgirl-misdemeanour-headmaster's ultimatum "CP or expulsion" story would be very amusing in this forum if expulsion were chosen

That gives me the idea for a very short story. Thank you.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 24 Jul 2011 14:25
opb:
Just a question about the "contains spanking" requirement - not related to other fetish activities.

Whilst I fully understand that this is the Library of Spanking Fiction ( as it really does say on the tin) what's the line on stories which don't contain spanking but it remains an underlying threat or fear?

Quite often I like to play with these topics without the characters actually being spanked. Obviously there are plenty of fine stories which concentrate on the fear of a spanking which is definitely going to take place, but what if it doesn't, or remains just a possibility?

As an example - The familiar schoolgirl-misdemeanour-headmaster's ultimatum "CP or expulsion" story would be very amusing in this forum if expulsion were chosen.

Hi Opb

A story can still be defined as a story in the spanking genre even if there is no spanking in it, because, as you say, it can focus on the misdemeanours of individuals, and can build up towards a spanking & the protagonists feelings centered around that, even if the spanking isn't actually described in the story.

What we don't want though, are mega long stories almost exclusively about family life and/or romance etc, because this is the library of spanking fiction, and we need to keep our content on topic and relevant (to us).

Hope that clarifies things.
flops

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 10
averam300, dan2bend, Eva, Heroth, johnhudson, pgh2738, Ramus, tocciek
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9