New Author - Hotscot

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3
flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#21 | Posted: 8 Oct 2022 22:29
stevenr:
However the mystery of the libraries missing wine continues, I wonder where the next clue will come from.

Latest News! We are checking library surveillance footage and have found something most incriminating... Photographic evidence will be posted shortly.

Oh Hotscot, what a den of iniquity you have fallen in to, I bet you had no idea the LSF is full of rogues and vagabonds, not to mention the snoring, inebriated members under the reference desks.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#22 | Posted: 8 Oct 2022 22:58
I admit that I may unwittingly have enjoyed a tiny glass of whisky not meant for me, but to my defense I would like to point out that:
(i) It wasn't me that broke open the cupboard
(ii) It was a Lagavulin 37 year old that I had never tasted before
(iii) If I hadn't drunk it, it would have been drunk by an American who first filled up his glass with chlorine tasting ice cubes.

Hotscot
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#23 | Posted: 8 Oct 2022 23:01
Wow, you're right. For a moment, I thought I'd been elected to parliament (congress for us on the left side of the pond)

Capstan
Male Author

Jersey
SUBSCRIBER

#24 | Posted: 8 Oct 2022 23:31
Not sure about the missing spirituous liquors, but the library certainly appears to retain a superb. and thankfully apparently unlimited, stock of distilled humour (double distilled?) for which I am most grateful.
Long may that continue. Best regards all and, reverting to the theme of the post, very well done Hopscot; two fine stories to date, great to have you aboard.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#25 | Posted: 9 Oct 2022 00:32
@flopsybunny
"Rogues and vagabounds," flopsy? I resemble that remark!

stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#26 | Posted: 9 Oct 2022 05:11
njrick:
@flopsybunny
"Rogues and vagabounds," flopsy? I resemble that remark!

May I say that I resemble that remark as well. I also resemble my good friend who once told me, "We don't have a choice about growing old, but we do about growing up, and I have decided I will not grow up."

This particular gentleman is 12 years older than I am.

A toast to "Rogues and vagabonds," and to immature old men, may we live long and happy, if immature lives.

Capstan
Male Author

Jersey
SUBSCRIBER

#27 | Posted: 9 Oct 2022 13:44
Thanks Steven,
I'll drink to that!

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 20
aka, blistered49, caladonia2000, denham1960, haganbrns, maxanne, sssmith55
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9