New Author - Hotscot

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 8 Oct 2022 01:05
njrick:
Great first story. Please stop by the LSF authors' lounge for a drink.

Hotscot deserves a free drink for his first story, however, now I'm wondering, what happened to mine? Did the Librarian decide my effort didn't deserve one.

mj2001
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 8 Oct 2022 13:38
Not only that but he followed up an excellent first story with another good one called 'Kara.' Welcome to the author's collective, although like stevenr I don't remember being offered a drink back all those years ago either.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#13 | Posted: 8 Oct 2022 14:56
mj2001:
Not only that but he followed up an excellent first story with another good one called 'Kara.' Welcome to the author's collective, although like stevenr I don't remember being offered a drink back all those years ago either.

Yes, I seem vaguely to remember a party a few years before you two joined where a few extra bottles were emptied "as a preemptive measure". I can't quite recall what we were trying to preempt, but we did at least manage to empty the bottles. Sorry about that, guys.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 8 Oct 2022 15:28
stevenr:
Hotscot deserves a free drink for his first story, however, now I'm wondering, what happened to mine? Did the Librarian decide my effort didn't deserve one.

I'm afraid there was a break in to the wine cellar and all the bottles earmarked for authors inaugural drinks were robbed!
I wonder if Alef knows anything about it

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#15 | Posted: 8 Oct 2022 15:53
flopsybunny:
I'm afraid there was a break in to the wine cellar and all the bottles earmarked for authors inaugural drinks were robbed!
I wonder if Alef knows anything about it

Me? I have no idea about break ins, all I remember are preemptive measures and somebody running around in the basement with a crowbar. Not the kind of bar I am most experienced with.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 8 Oct 2022 17:15
I hope Hotscot doesn't get a bad impression of LSF authors running amok with crowbars, slurping any alcohol in sight

Hotscot
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#17 | Posted: 8 Oct 2022 17:47
This forum has been worth the price of admission all on its own. Such wit is rarely found in such abundance.

stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#18 | Posted: 8 Oct 2022 17:50
I was looking for my wrecking bar in my shop the other day, I wonder if Alef came by to "borrow" it. Rest assured I only use mine for true demolition, not for pilfering wine.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#19 | Posted: 8 Oct 2022 18:06
stevenr:
I was looking for my wrecking bar in my shop the other day, I wonder if Alef came by to "borrow" it. Rest assured I only use mine for true demolition, not for pilfering wine.

"Wrecking bar" sounds like something that might have been used for spanking Miley Cyrus. I'm a lofty intellectual, totally unfamiliar with such tools.

stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 8 Oct 2022 22:17
Alef:
"Wrecking bar" sounds like something that might have been used for spanking Miley Cyrus. I'm a lofty intellectual, totally unfamiliar with such tools.

This "wrecking bar" is a 24 inch crowbar with a bit different shape than a normal crowbar, think of it as a crowbar on steroids. I don't claim to be an intellectual, but I have had to dismantle things from time to time and this tool is handy for such endeavors. I also enjoy woodworking, which is why I have elements of woodworking in some stories. I just got done cutting the pieces for a set of adirondack chairs for a nephew.

However the mystery of the libraries missing wine continues, I wonder where the next clue will come from.

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 10
Biokinton, bjones111, Geoffrey, mrjpayne
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9