LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

New contest voting software

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
rollin
Male Member

USA
#11 | Posted: 15 Sep 2010 17:07
It's a good idea. I'm on Amazon a lot checking out books to read and the rating system and reader reviews are essential to me. I'd even go so far as to incorporate something like this for all stories anytime in the comments box so that browsers could see at a glance which stories have been highly rated by the readership at large.

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 15 Sep 2010 21:48
PinkAngel:
we are very lucky to have someone who not only has the ability to write this stuff for us but who also puts in the time to ensure that the library is as good as it can be!

I second this gratitude whole-heartedly. That we are even discussing the finer points of a friendly voting system at all is testament to the Februstic skills that give us such a variety of tools for browsing, reading, identifying, snooping, counting, commenting, favouritising, messaging ... enjoying.

If we are to assess stories in a contest then I too support the 5 star/10 point system: every story gets a vote. And those of us not making the Top Whatever could perhaps, if we wished, have private access to what our overall 'score' was, for humbling/preening purposes?

But thanks again for a truly public wonderland of a library.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#13 | Posted: 16 Sep 2010 01:10
jimisim:
I think that I'm somewhat uncomfortable about assigning a story' nul points' perhaps because I'm not taken with the subject matter, when it is well written and has taken a lot of effort.

I will still rate the story fairly regardless of the subject matter. Example, I am not interested in M/M or any variation, but some of the stories in the library were terrific. Good story line, good detail and overall, good writing. It's possible that my own particular interest might get a 10 and with no particular interest, I might give an 8 or 9, but certainly not a low number or zero.

Jacqueline2
Female Author

Scotland
#14 | Posted: 16 Sep 2010 14:51
Great idea. This is the first time I have voted in a competition and I found that having to try and remember which stories I liked best was almost impossible. Being able to award points at the end of each story is a far better arrangement I think.

Twinklybum
Male Member

England
#15 | Posted: 17 Sep 2010 23:41
Sorry if I stirred a hornet's nest but elliej challenged me to put my views on voting up to higher authority than herself - her already under threat from Ms T (whom i wld love to meet!).
New formula should offer readers more incentive to continue participation. Will all writers scores be announced or only the first ten, say, and other masochists can privately ask for their own results?
[Yes, I am back from Amsterdam]

cheery
Male Author

Scotland
#16 | Posted: 18 Sep 2010 08:27
Twinklybum:
but elliej challenged me

Ellie again? Hmm.

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 21
Clarity, imreadonly2, JohnStevens, RABRLA, Rfothergill, shyshosho, twinkieshark
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9