LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

Storyboard - collaborative writing module

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 5 Aug 2010 03:24
Am just in the process of putting the finishing touches to some software which will allow stories, serials or poems to be written collaboratively with other users of the site. It's currently being tested by a handful of people but if anyone wants to have a play about with it and/or help test it in the meantime then just get in touch by sending a popup to one of the Admins or send us a Contact Us message or reply to this post and I'll make it available on your site menu.

flowerchild
Female Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 5 Aug 2010 23:42
I have been exploring the possibilities. Can't wait to go forward in some way. debs

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 6 Aug 2010 01:16
I can also announce that the first actual output from the Storyboard has now been loaded to the library, a collaborative serial called The Curiosity Shop with four parts so far (by flopsy, Linda and PinkAngel) and more to come. Assuming no earth-shattering bugs are discovered in the software it should hopefully be available for general use within a week.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 9 Aug 2010 21:10
OK, I think it's probably time to make this available now, thanks to those that helped me test it.

About four years I built a relatively simple bit of software which allowed members of a particular site to be able to collectively write a story together by each contributing a sentence to it. It was only intended as a bit of fun but I noticed that sooner or later stories which has been going pretty well would invariably get messed up by someone. So, this time round I have added a whole heap of control elements as well as the ability to collaborate on not just stories but serials and poems as well.

The Storyboard software can be found by clicking the Latest button from the main menu.

It does have quite a bit of help text built in but in summary, the software will allow you to originate or simply contribute to, stories, serials and poems together. As the originator you have quite a degree of control over who gets to contribute and you can also, if necessary, make edits to anyone else's contributions. There are 3 types of collaborative item which you can originate, depending on how much control you want:

Open: means that anyone on the site can add to it.

Closed: means that ONLY those you specify can add to it.

Invite: same as closed except you also determine in what order people contribute to it.

It's also worth mentioning that whatever you enter will not be available (except to the originator) until you 'publish' it by clicking the relevant icon. If you don't want your collaborative effort to be viewed by others, either at all or until it's finished or in a certain state of completion, you can set it as "restricted".

Hopefully, it should be possible to use the Storyboard software to create something for real or alternatively simply to have a bit of fun.

If anyone needs any help with getting to grips with the way it works or thinks something isn't working as it should then do get in touch via the usual means (popup, here on the forum or contact us message).

Online now: Members - 10 : Guests - 7
Alunn, Chandler, dljsfj, drkeate, ebbetsjim, Filbert74, Odysseus600, Rickinto, rosslyn45, theo54
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9