The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

F/M Spanking Story Challenge 2017

Page  Page 11 of 12: «« 1 2 3  ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »»
flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#101 | Posted: 28 Mar 2017 01:04
Thanks very much to everyone who participated in this Challenge, as either a reader or an author. Well done everyone who entered, and congratulations to the following:

In first place:
What Is That Hairbrush For? by Gloup 601 votes
In second place:
See Me After School by Canadian Spankee 579 votes
In third place:
Playing School by BashfulBob 577 votes

Runners-Up:
Mrs Brand by BashfulBob 556 votes
Taking Over For His Mother by mj2001 548 votes
Trevor's First Spanking by flopsybunny 533 votes

medici
Male Author

England
#102 | Posted: 28 Mar 2017 07:03
I won't troll through all the posts to find quotes but, Glagla, I thought you made it clear you were rabidly against F/M story writing... WTF?!!!!!!!

(Sorry, this deserves so many exclamations!)

opb
Male Author

England
#103 | Posted: 28 Mar 2017 08:04
Methinks he protesteth too much. Using phrases like 'sullying my soul' by writing f/m. Huh!
Shows how much I know though because I thought Glagla's 'I know what you need' was the best one of his entries

tysout
Male Author

Scotland
#104 | Posted: 28 Mar 2017 08:17
It's amazing how desperate some people are to win what is supposed to be a fun challenge.

Negativity and self deprecation throughout the thread backed up by a promise to cheer on from a distance...and then he submits four entries.

All a bit sad and pathetic I'm afraid.

Not sour grapes by the way as I didn't enter this one.

I just feel the whole thing has been a bit sullied by this.

Well done Glagla...you got your hat trick.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#105 | Posted: 28 Mar 2017 13:01
Well, I think we just have to congratulate Gloup! His hat trick is particularly impressive as the first 15 challenges had 15 different winners before Flopsy won her second title in the 16th - and since then Gloup has taken three in a row. Somehow he seems to have found the secret formula, which perhaps is no more complicated than just plain good writing! (But like opb I thought "I know what you need" was the best of his entries!)

I really enjoyed this challenge, but found it hard to judge. There were so many good entries and such great variety that the stories were hard to compare. Instead of the usual one or two clear favorites, I ended up with a bunch of stories tying for the top position.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#106 | Posted: 28 Mar 2017 14:55
I'm a believer in statistics, so simple math tells me that three wins in a row is unlikely to be blind luck. So if it's not luck, then it must be excellent writing.

Congratulations Gloup!

CarolinaPaddler
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#107 | Posted: 28 Mar 2017 17:57
In the states there was a car company that was in second place in the car rental business.
There slogan at the time was "We are number two, we try harder!"

Congratulations to Canadian Spankee for second place.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#108 | Posted: 28 Mar 2017 18:36
Thanks, and I want to add my congrats to every author who entered the Challenge. I had no idea who would end up in the six mentioned, and to tell the truth not one of the ones I thought would be there and who I gave my most points to made it.

CHEERS to all the writers, the viewers and the voters in making this a successful Challenge.

CS

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#109 | Posted: 28 Mar 2017 19:57
CarolinaPaddler:
In the states there was a car company that was in second place in the car rental business.
There slogan at the time was "We are number two, we try harder!"

Congratulations to Canadian Spankee for second place.

Normally when I award a Challenge entry a vote of "10," meaning it hit some of my 'hot buttons' along with being well-written, that jinxes it in terms of 'winning' pretty much anything in the voting, but both his second-place story, "See Me After School," and mj2001's fifth-place one, "Taking Over For His Mother," were entries to which I'd given a "10" rating.

Obviously, given my spanking gender orientation, this was a Challenge within which I awarded more "10" votes than usual, eight total--I'm hoping for it to become an annual tradition in this Library...

--C.K.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#110 | Posted: 28 Mar 2017 22:14
Dear all,

I'd like to thank you all for the many kind words and I'm also very happy that I managed to get at least one story together that appealed to people and hopefully made their day better. Unfortunately, when I read this thread, it seems as if I have upset some people as well, which was absolutely not my intention. It happened like this:

(1)    I misinterpreted the conditions in the rules section, at first understanding it as you should not reveal if you had an entry. When everybody was going "oh, I'm almost finished with an entry" I was going "what's wrong with people?! Can't they read?!" When one writer after the other did the same, I read the rules again and eventually realized that it was I that was the faulty one, but by then I had already stated several times that I wouldn't enter the challenge. I thought about it and figured that, well, who cares, it doesn't really matter, right? Does it?

(2)    I am not an English speaking native and it shows. If you read my stories it's obvious when every now and then there is a sentence that clearly isn't constructed anyway near how an English speaking person would put it together. Very few people enter the challenges, making it easy to identify which entries that are mine. After two wins I didn't want it to be like, "oh, here's a story by that guy who has already won twice... hmmm..." So I decided to keep not telling even after realizing my initial mistake about the rules. How I will cover my writing style up, if I enter another challenge, I do not know. Hopefully my English is gradually improving so my background will be less obvious in the future.

I'm truly sorry if the events have upset any of the members. I have a bit of a language barrier problem and often things like irony is completely lost on me. I could be wrong, but in my eyes some entries in this thread seem as if they are really discontent with how things turned out. I want to say that I do not enter any challenge just to win; I'm here to entertain. A win is of course a confirmation that I did actually manage to make several people happy and that is partly what drives me, but I don't need to win for my own sake.

It was outspoken in the thread that no one expected many entries this time, so I thought, heck, I can kick in half a dozen and if ten more people do the same we have more than sixty entries already – this'll be the greatest challenge ever! I only managed four in the end though. When I had my first story accepted here about 1½ years ago I was absolutely thrilled and my brain began to explode with stories. On my HD I have roughly 300 stories in various stages of completion, so selecting a handful that were appropriate for the challenge and wrapping them up was not that awfully difficult, even if I had to really rack my brain to get the F/M scenario work. Had I had a little more time I could have kicked in ten stories. The winning entry was actually a near completed story where the lead character who steals the hairbrush is a girl, I swooped gender, rewrote and completed it. During that process it came to me that the story actually went way better with a guy, since no girl would ever worry about being seen in an accessory boutique, so I think that the original version will never be completed or see the light of day. The only story that I wrote completely from scratch, which I really had to turn myself inside out to try to get the emotions into, was "I know what you need".

So, no harm intended, Tysout; if I entering the challenge left a foul taste in your mouth I do apologize and it's sincere. I mean it. Medici, I do hope that this explains how it went down and I had no bad intentions. Opb, I agree, I thought that maybe I had it with "I know what you need" which was the only story that I thought had a true chance of ending up among the top positions. I will go through the comments on all the stories thoroughly to try to understand what it was that the readers liked or didn't like about them. Again, it is to make me understand how to write stories that people like, with no desperation to win any challenge. Writing is a massive kick to me. When I write my stories it's actually almost as good as having sex, yes it is, and finding this page where I can publish myself has been a major improvement of my life, but I don't want to launch a mass of stories that people find boring and a waste of space, I want to see happy faces, so yes – I'm constantly looking for the winning formula to combine with what gives me kicks when I write and if I manage that I feel that everybody will win. I sincerely do hope that I in the process do not offend anyone, because it's clearly not my intention. And if it's really such a big problem that I enter several stories, maybe we can agree on a maximum limit of entries, but wouldn't that just make the challenges smaller and less interesting? And yes, I do have an excessive habit of explaining myself, but it's honestly just because I desperately want to show that I mean no one ill.

Page  Page 11 of 12: «« 1 2 3  ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »»

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 8
Derrick30, Filbert74, Hotscot, MrEdwards, ogard, oxford, snowyowl779
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9