The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

Telling Tales (Snitching) Challenge 2016

Page  Page 6 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6
Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#51 | Posted: 22 Nov 2016 18:56
... and when looking at my comment from a few days ago I realize that it might not have come out quite as it was meant to and that there is a high potential for misunderstanding and upsetting other writers. I have to blame language difficulties for that. By saying that some previous winning contributions weren't to my liking I did not in any way intend to diminish the quality of those entries. They are absolutely excellent stories and have a way with words that I as non-English native can only dream of. What I meant to say was that they just didn't appeal entirely to my taste, which is something completely different. Besides, my personal taste doesn't really seem to go with what is mainstream on this site, as for example F/m that seems to be an absolute favorite here, but is beyond what I can create in a way worth reading. I do hope for many more challenges to come, that more and more people will join in to keep enhancing this great site and make this an exuberant society to the benefit of us all. Cheers and keep writing!

brodiejlb
Male Author

England
#52 | Posted: 23 Nov 2016 10:41
I don't think that you have any need to worry, Glaga. I don't think that anyone would take your statement that there were stories which were not to your liking as a criticism of the quality of those stories.

I don't think that you have anything to worry about with your use of the English language, either. I read both of your stories in the challenge and I never thought that they were written by somebody who didn't have English as a first language. That isn't necessarily a compliment - it's often thought that those who speak the 'worst' English are those who learnt it in the cradle!

As a fan of F/M I wish that I could agree with your assessment of its popularity. Other than the special F/M only challenge earlier this year, I can't think of a Challenge winner that was F/M. I think there were only half a dozen F/M entries in the last Challenge & two of those were mine. In the content of the Library in general, F/M comes third below M/F (top by a long chalk) and F/F.

I like to think that while we F/Mers lack the quantity, we make up for it in quality. I'll go now before the rotten tomatoes come hurtling round my ears..

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#53 | Posted: 24 Nov 2016 22:27
brodiejlb
Thanks Brodiejlb and good luck with your stories. When saying that F/M is big it was because it seems to me as if those stories have unproportionally many reads when they are released on the front page, but it could have to do with, as you say, that there are much fewer of them (and a quality thing as you say). I wish I could write a decent such story. Well, I am quite glad that this society is open to all variations and that we can scroll around as we like and discover new interests to broaden our horizons. Thanks for the kind words about my English as well, it keeps slowly improving, much thanks to this page. Hopefully I'll write as a native a few years from now.
Cheers and thanks for replying

MrSpankshard
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#54 | Posted: 1 Feb 2017 20:50
This may be the wrong place to ask but why hasn't there been any new challenges posted in awhile??

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#55 | Posted: 1 Feb 2017 22:55
They tend to come round twice a year, I think, so the next one might be along in March or April?

For the struggling authors, of course, mining the seams of their fetid spankimaginations and dragging the hard-won elements of a story to the surface to be fired and hammered into a shape you'll enjoy, every DAY is a challenge!

Comments help.

Page  Page 6 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 20
Alef, Bailey30, cayenne, dougmorton, Hotscot, Jackmydaw, steve77, tritonguy
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9