The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

Telling Tales (Snitching) Challenge 2016

Page  Page 4 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»
flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#31 | Posted: 5 Nov 2016 01:47
Thanks so much for participating in the Challenge. I thought there were some really good stories this time round.

Delighted to announce the top six:
In 1st place with 629 votes: My Cousin Chloe by Gloup,
In 2nd place with 560 votes: Marilyn Meets The New Headmaster by Gloup
In 3rd place with 556 votes: Secretarial School by Phil K
And the Runners-Up
The Punishment Confession by Dr Keate, 547 votes
The Pattersons' Dilemma by Avalon, 537 votes
How Could You! by Flatfish, 529 votes

Well done everyone

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#32 | Posted: 5 Nov 2016 09:02
An amazing achievement by Gloup who not only secured the two top spots in this Challenge, but who also won last time. Nothing close to this has ever happened before in Challenge History! He should start giving classes on how to write a challenge story.

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#33 | Posted: 5 Nov 2016 10:20
Many congratulations to Gloup, and to the other Top Six writers. I, too, thought that this Challenge brought out some excellent ideas and writing.

teresasimpson
Female Author

USA
#34 | Posted: 5 Nov 2016 15:10
I too agree that the challenge brought many great stories. It was a privilege to compete.

Would it be possible to get the scores of all the stories? I am curious as to how my stories did in comparison to others.

Thanks,

Tess

recruit
Male Member

England
SUBSCRIBER

#35 | Posted: 5 Nov 2016 15:13
I too thought that the challenge produced very good stories. But I am probably not the only one to be left reflecting, not for the first time, that my own personal preferences are not necessarily shared by others. None of the seven stories I liked the best made it into the top six overall.
I make the point not to disparage the winners (and most of them were close behind in my ranking) but by way of congratulating those contestants who may be feeling a little deflated after seeing the results. Just because some people did not rank your efforts as high as others does not mean that you were unappreciated. Thank you.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#36 | Posted: 5 Nov 2016 15:27
teresasimpson:
I too agree that the challenge brought many great stories. It was a privilege to compete.

Would it be possible to get the scores of all the stories? I am curious as to how my stories did in comparison to others.

Thank you for entering, Tess. I'll send you your scores in an email. We don't make available all the scores publicly - imagine how you'd feel if you came bottom!
If anyone else wants their own scores, just send myself or Februs a popup or an email and we'll respond.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#37 | Posted: 5 Nov 2016 15:44
recruit:
I too thought that the challenge produced very good stories. But I am probably not the only one to be left reflecting, not for the first time, that my own personal preferences are not necessarily shared by others. None of the seven stories I liked the best made it into the top six overall.
I make the point not to disparage the winners (and most of them were close behind in my ranking) but by way of congratulating those contestants who may be feeling a little deflated after seeing the results. Just because some people did not rank your efforts as high as others does not mean that you were unappreciated. Thank you.

Hi recruit
I know where you're coming from and I think it important to approach the Challenges as just a bit of collaborative fun ... as an opportunity to write (and read) on a theme you perhaps wouldn't typically consider. It would be impossible for us to give guidelines for voting, because we have no way of enforcing such. So it's best not to regard the Challenges as an actual competition with winners and losers. I absolutely agree with you that participating authors should not feel deflated because their efforts weren't ranked as high as others.
There were some real gems in this challenge, so thanks to everyone who participated, congrats to the top six, and free virtual drinks all round. (mine's a single malt btw)

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#38 | Posted: 5 Nov 2016 16:49
flopsybunny:
imagine how you'd feel if you came bottom!

I happen to take pride in the Last Place Winner that I claim.

flopsybunny:
I absolutely agree with you that participating authors should not feel deflated because their efforts weren't ranked as high as others.

I second that.
flopsybunny:
free virtual drinks all round. (mine's a single malt btw)

The free virtual round is on me! (paid by my virtual cash)

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#39 | Posted: 5 Nov 2016 17:02
njrick:
The free virtual round is on me! (paid by my virtual cash)

Most generous

Perhaps we should set up a virtual currency to rival Bitcoin. What would we call ours ... Bumcoin, BigAss Dollar ... oh the possibilities are endless.

Gloup is taking everyone out for a top class meal. He doesn't know it yet

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#40 | Posted: 5 Nov 2016 17:27
flopsybunny:
Most generous

You're welcome. And thanks to you and Februs for the little firecrackers at the top of the Library's pages in honor of my birthday. ;)

Page  Page 4 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 8
andreas1981, canth256, ebbetsjim, eddan14, knicks604, laura82, Matt, tjpros
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9