Mistaken Identity Story Challenge 2016

Page  Page 2 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»
Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 10 Jun 2016 11:44
PhilK:
Judging by the latest newly-submitted stories, it seems this rule applies only to Challenge entries, and not to stories submitted to the Library. I don't quite see the logic of this. Could Flopsy or Februs clarify?

Each challenge has its own set of criteria, typically in terms of minimum word count and theme, but the challenge parameters can also extend to other factors such as age as it did with the previous F/M challenge. For this particular challenge there were 3 criteria: word count, theme and age.

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 10 Jun 2016 12:23
Februs:
Each challenge has its own set of criteria, typically in terms of minimum word count and theme, but the challenge parameters can also extend to other factors such as age as it did with the previous F/M challenge. For this particular challenge there were 3 criteria: word count, theme and age.

Word count and theme, those of course make sense. But the age criterion, assuming - as it seems - that it's got nothing to do with the concerns raised by RyanR, seems fairly arbitrary, a bit like decreeing that all the characters must have names beginning with B....

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 10 Jun 2016 13:18
PhilK:
Word count and theme, those of course make sense. But the age criterion, assuming - as it seems - that it's got nothing to do with the concerns raised by RyanR, seems fairly arbitrary, a bit like decreeing that all the characters must have names beginning with B....

A somewhat bizarre assertion. One could very easily argue that any criteria proposed are arbitrary. Factors such as story length, age of characters, theme, orientation etc are fundamental aspects of a spanking story, the names of the characters are not.

RyanRowland
Male Author

USA
#14 | Posted: 11 Jun 2016 13:47
I had just re-read the age restriction when I went back to the challenge notification to check the cutoff date. It occurred to be that someone might have been as haphazard in reading the details as I can be sometimes, and thinking that he/she already "knew" the library's rules concerning characters' age might be laboring on a schoolboy/schoolgirl story.
My post was not a complaint, and I was not trying to start a controversy. Though I hazarded a guess as to the reason, my only intention was to bring out the fact in case someone had missed it and was writing a story that wouldn't qualify. Sorry if my comment was misconstrued by anyone.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#15 | Posted: 11 Jun 2016 15:17
RyanRowland:
and thinking that he/she already "knew" the library's rules concerning characters' age might be laboring on a schoolboy/schoolgirl story.

Well you could still get away with the above if the spankee was actually 18 or over... so a pupil aged 18 or over, or a supply teacher or assistant mistaken for pupil, or a pupil's older brother/sister visiting the school and mistaken for a pupil, or a variation on that kind of theme would be OK.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 11 Jun 2016 15:49
Februs:
pupil's older brother/sister visiting the school and mistaken for a pupil, or a variation on that kind of theme would be OK.

Now you've gone and done it! We're now gonna have a dozen such entries.

KJM
Male Author

Brazil
#17 | Posted: 14 Jun 2016 22:11
Come on authors. I know that it is a sacred tradition to post stories for challenges at the latest possible moment, but we can do better than 11 stories at 4 days before the deadline.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#18 | Posted: 15 Jun 2016 00:14
KJM:
we can do better than 11 stories at 4 days before the deadline

Obviously, since there are now 16. Don't doubt that more are on their way.

KJM
Male Author

Brazil
#19 | Posted: 15 Jun 2016 18:51
Wow, it doubled to 22 in one single day! Doubling every day we can reach 88.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 15 Jun 2016 19:06
KJM:
Wow, it doubled to 22 in one single day! Doubling every day we can reach 88.

Because we have a minimum limit of 20 entries for holding the challenges, and because entries for this particular challenge had been relatively sparse, I didn't actually start to load the submissions until we'd got 20 in, which happened either yesterday of the day before. There's a couple more been submitted today so the current actual total is 24.

Page  Page 2 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 4
cady09, Jackmydaw, john4, Johnswitch, keitho54, Maelstrom, markert, razzy234, rhennington
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9