LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

F/M Story Challenge 2016

Page  Page 4 of 12: «« 1 2 3 4 5  ... 8 9 10 11 12 »»
canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#31 | Posted: 26 Feb 2016 03:51
I agree with Februs. No changing the rules at this date. I have written the word 'smack' into my story 1524 times to get up to the deadline of 2500 words and I refuse to remove a single one of them .. LMAO.

CS

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#32 | Posted: 26 Feb 2016 04:57
It's too late to change it for this challenge, but for some people 2,500 words is a lot. I regularly participate in another writing challenge and that has a strict 1,500 word limit. It's actually quite good discipline to try and write a complete story when you only have 1,500 words to play with. I did initially struggle with it (anyone who's read much of my work here will understand that), but after a few months I found myself coming in comfortably under the word limit and still managing to get a decent story out of it. My wife even thinks 1,500 is extreme, she struggled to get 500 out for a story she did, had to pad it to make it to that and I think the story suffered a little for it.

ReginaVictory
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#33 | Posted: 26 Feb 2016 18:01
Least said soonest mended... I didn't mean to be annoying, but I can see that I was! Apologies. Really! Kind regards RV

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#34 | Posted: 27 Feb 2016 03:30
I was just coming on here to ask about reducing the minimum as well. I have a couple of stories that I'm trying to coax onto paper in this category, but I don't think either of them will end up being long enough. My stand-alone stories tend to be on the shorter side.

Of course I understand that you can't really change the rules at the 11th hour, but for those of us who don't usually write this orientation, that alone might have been challenge enough.

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#35 | Posted: 27 Feb 2016 12:48
I agree with Februs, with a 2500 word minimum one has to imagine a vaguely credible storyline, and provide some continuity throughout.
A 500 word can just be a Wham-bam thankyou mam description of a spanking, for instance going to a domme for a thrashing, or even a basic school story. Not much of a challenge really imo, and not likely to win either.
However for the more verbose amongst us and I plead guilty, challenges with a maximum of about 1500 words or less can be a real challenge. Of course one can just write a description which hopefully wouldn't win, but to condense a proper story into very few words is an art in itself, and means a lot of detail must be left out but sufficient remains to inspire the reader's imagination. Flogmaster reigns supreme in this genre as far as I'm concerned.
PS When I say vaguely credible storyline I realise that verisimilitude is not normally associated with contemporary spanking stories, but a fantasy that can be almost believable is usually may aim.
I always compare a series like "Midsummer Murders" - very enjoyable but the local population would have been decimated by the end of a TV series, and most rural villages are boring and crime free in reality .

brodiejlb
Male Author

England
#36 | Posted: 27 Feb 2016 23:13
I go along with Februs & Jimisim on this. But in place of Jimisim's ' vaguely credible storyline' could I suggest Coleridge's expression "willing suspension of disbelief" whereby the task of the author is to create a narrative which isn't necessarily objectively credible but which contains sufficient internal consistencies to enable the reader to accept it as 'true' during the moment they are reading it.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#37 | Posted: 28 Feb 2016 05:26
And if you stopped reading there, GG, you missed the marvellous and interminable scene of Elayne taking a bath, which given the time taken to describe it must have been integral to the plot, just no one ever figured out why.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#38 | Posted: 28 Feb 2016 08:28
It was a meadow crossing scene that did me in. Three to five pages (if I recall correctly) of them passing through a meadow. Every sight, every smell, every bush and flower described in detail. From what I could tell they never went back to that meadow, none of the flowers or bushes were significant, and the entire bit could be replaced with:
Then they crossed a meadow and...

All that time from my life when it only needed half a sentence - I had to stop there.

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#39 | Posted: 28 Feb 2016 16:55
brodiejlb:
But in place of Jimisim's ' vaguely credible storyline' could I suggest Coleridge's expression "willing suspension of disbelief" whereby the task of the author is to create a narrative which isn't necessarily objectively credible but which contains sufficient internal consistencies to enable the reader to accept it as 'true' during the moment they are reading it.

Thankyou brodiejib, You certainly can suggest that, and greatly appreciated.

Beautifully argued and much less clumsy than me.
To misquote the great Oscar:
"I wish I had written that."
"But I may, I may."

Shows the difference between a truly literate writer and a scientist/manager who learnt to write the hard way.

Jim

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#40 | Posted: 28 Feb 2016 21:51
As a predominantly F/M writer, I wish to express my regret at not contributing to LSF's first Femdom challenge. I have been working on a story I had in the 'unfinished' stage that I thought would be suitable, but as I approach its completion I realize it will not reach the minimum word limit.

I have written stories of various lengths, but I can't say any of them (except perhaps the snippet challenge) were written with me thinking 'I think I'll write an 'X' number of words story today.' I just write the story I feel and let the word count tally to whatever it takes to do it.

I actually never even gave word count much thought and didn't think too much about this challenge's requirement until I realized I was never going to make it without intentional and artificial padding. I agree it's too late to change the rules, but I did want to apologize for not participating in a challenge based on my favorite dynamic. I actually feel a bit bad about that.

Anyway, best of luck to everyone! And for me? As they say, "maybe next time."

Page  Page 4 of 12: «« 1 2 3 4 5  ... 8 9 10 11 12 »»

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 7
dalenixon, hajo332, idhughes, Jackmydaw, JanushPawlon, jwads, PGreenham, spankinufun, stevenr
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9