The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

Sub-genres and a note to our authors

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 22 Jun 2010 01:01
We've just begin the process of assigning sub-genres to the whole of the library content. Stories which have had one or more sub-genres assigned will have an additional content icon showing which resembles a couple of frames of film. Hovering over this icon will show which sub-genres have been assigned to it in much the same way that the implement icon curently works.

In addition to this I have created a new "browse" function which when selected provides a number of scrollable bookcases, each containing stories with a particular sub-genre. It's not been made available as yet as we haven't really assigned enough stories to make it worthwhile but it should provide a really useful and fun way for people to find suitable reading material. The bookcases also present different options on their shelves so that stories featuring only adults, or those which contain teens or children, can be specifically selected.

In order to try and make faster inroads into the process of assigning sub-genres to stories we can provide facilities for authors to assign their own sub-genres. It's quite a simple process and we'd provide any support that was needed. So, if you have stories loaded in the library and you'd like to have a go please let us know either via a popup, email, post on the forum or whatever.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 22 Jun 2010 01:07
We also welcome any volunteers who can spare a bit of time to help - you don't have to be an author.

dan2bend
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 23 Jun 2010 07:11
OK ... sign me up to sub-genre my stories. Just tell me what I need to do.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 23 Jun 2010 14:38
dan2bend:
OK ... sign me up to sub-genre my stories. Just tell me what I need to do.

Email with all the necessary info on its way!

LawrenceKinden
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 26 Jun 2010 03:18
Indeed, I'll be happy to sub-genre my stories.

-LK

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 26 Jun 2010 11:32
LawrenceKinden
Wonderful, thanks. We'll send you an email outlining the details.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 26 Jun 2010 15:12
flopsybunny:
Wonderful, thanks. We'll send you an email outlining the details.

I've already done that

runcy
Male Author

England
#8 | Posted: 3 Sep 2010 19:08
Could you send me the email for sub-genre's,also is it possible where there is an overlap,to have one story in two sub-genre's?

Tomas.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 3 Sep 2010 19:47
I'm not one of the admins of this site, but as an author I can tell you that it's possible to have stories in more than one sub-genres.

When I go to where my stories are posted there's an extra column on screen next to the "verified" check mark. It has a "amend details" icon for each story listed. When I click on it I'm taken to the story's attribute screen. There's a lot of information on it, but I can only change things in the sub-genre column. It's basically a list of all the possible sub-genres with boxes beside them that you can check.

The list is: christmas, domestic, fantasy, fan fiction, femdom, general, historical, humour, judicial, nostalgia, parody, religion, romance, school, sci-fi, sport, supernatural, travel, unclassified, and workplace. I can check as many or as few as I want to.

I would urge every author who can to add the sub-genres to their stories. The staff of the library doesn't have time to go back and classify thousands of stories and classifications makes it easier for readers find the stories that interest them.

Goodgulf

Linda
Female Author

Scotland
#10 | Posted: 3 Sep 2010 20:07
Goodgulf:
I would urge every author who can to add the sub-genres to their stories. The staff of the library doesn't have time to go back and classify thousands of stories

I think I love you!

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 11
Backbeat, DenseWall, Derrick30, Filbert74, hydegreen, Odysseus600, spkcomics
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9