Page  Page 3 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»
Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#21 | Posted: 23 Jun 2013 16:25
BashfulBob:
anyone else still using XP

I primarily use Ubuntu 10.04 (I really don't like what they've done with the subsequent releases) but for stuff I need to do on a Windows platform I always use XP as I find it the least annoying of the Microsoft operating systems.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#22 | Posted: 23 Jun 2013 22:57
No probs at this end. I really like the new menu. Good one, Febs.

bonemouth01
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#23 | Posted: 24 Jun 2013 04:49
Looks great! I'm using Firefox.

BashfulBob
Male Author

Ireland
SUBSCRIBER

#24 | Posted: 24 Jun 2013 11:56
Februs:
I primarily use Ubuntu 10.04 (I really don't like what they've done with the subsequent releases)

I agree. I much prefer the older Ubuntus (and Gnome 2 to Gnome 3), but I assumed I was being a Luddite so I decided to give 12.04 a try. More than a year later I still don't like it. Like Cayenne I think I may switch to Mint. Unfortunately I need a Windows for some work-related software and, as you say, XP is the least annoying.

annamarie376
Female Member

USA
#25 | Posted: 25 Jun 2013 02:34
Loving the sexy, sleek new look! Great Job!!

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#26 | Posted: 25 Jun 2013 04:39
BashfulBob:
The new menus work perfectly on Chrome on XP (anyone else still using XP?) and also Firefox on Ubuntu 12.04.

I use XP with IE 8 as well as Firefox and Chrome. I generally use Chrome, the most. Regardless, all work fine. Still, I prefer in LSF, Chrome.

arsdigita
Female Member

Germany
#27 | Posted: 25 Jun 2013 19:39
Works fine for me as well, specifically on my ipad. But there are some minor inconsistencies regarding the visual feedback about your position in the menu hierarchies, at least on my ipad.

At MyLsf all sub menu screens carry a nice title row clearly stating the position, e.g. "My Viewed Items"

At Submissions -> Latest Loaded you just see a statistics bar, no title repeating the menu item as in other cases.

At Submissions -> Browse you just see the sub menu items, not your current menu position.

You get used to it, but it had been a bit confusing at the beginning.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#28 | Posted: 25 Jun 2013 20:18
arsdigita:
Works fine for me as well, specifically on my ipad. But there are some minor inconsistencies regarding the visual feedback about your position in the menu hierarchies, at least on my ipad.

If you're referring to the actual screens that are displayed after choosing a particular option on the menu, I still have further work to do:

Februs:
Over time I'll also be removing many of the buttons on the individual pages (e.g. Stats page, Last Read etc) as they'll serve no purpose subsequently.

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#29 | Posted: 26 Jun 2013 02:47
It'll be interesting to see if the new layout affects the common tendency for stories to be read frequently when first posted, only to have the frequency drop dramatically once they move off the front page...!

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#30 | Posted: 26 Jun 2013 03:57
myrkassi:
It'll be interesting to see if the new layout affects the common tendency for stories to be read frequently when first posted, only to have the frequency drop dramatically once they move off the front page...!

I did toy with the idea of leaving the "Latest Loaded" function off the new menu altogether but decided I wasn't ready for the inevitable furore that would follow... not just yet anyway.

Page  Page 3 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 9
CharlotteM, jadoma, miaowh, njrick, opb, TheStingfan
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9