Through the Keyhole Story Challenge 2012 - Results

Page  Page 2 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»
njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 29 Nov 2012 01:55
flopsybunny:
I agree, there are some very good stories that are not placed in the top six, but I don't think that matters in the least since the authors have been credited with large numbers of comments. The challenges do tend to stimulate far more comments than the norm, which is very encouraging for the authors and is probably what motivates them to enter subsequent challenges, along with a willingness to participate in an initiative that generates new material for the LSF. Of course it is nice to be in the top six, but these challenges aren't about winners.

I couldn't agree more... at least not until I win something! (other than last place, I mean) I value the specific feedback I get via the comments -particularly from the members whose opinion I really value - more than I do anonymous vote totals.

Speaking of the new material, I have a question for Februs - where do these stories appear in the monthly "acquisitions" stats? These 94 don't appear to be in the totals either for October (when they were submitted) or November (when the contest ended).

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#12 | Posted: 29 Nov 2012 02:21
Congratulation to all "winners." You all deserved it. All of the others deserve much praise. NOW, I noticed that the view per story was varied by a large margin. I was hoping that almost everyone would finish the entire 94 stories. One could never expect 100% but I did expect more. To take nothing away from the great winners, there were many stories that seem to be missed in reading and of course, voting. Well, nothing can be perfect, so we have to take whatever comes our way. Congratulations to everyone who participated in this contest.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#13 | Posted: 29 Nov 2012 02:52
I think it would be a good idea if we had 3 winners for the challenges and a Top Ten.

There were so many good stories in this challenge. I handed out some high marks. There's so many views with readers regarding the orientation and the story itself, that I feel many good stories go by the wayside.

Some of my guesses on author's stories were right on. I did notice that there were more M/F stories this time around. Even my own. Was I Phishing? Not really, but I just had this story in my head about nose in the air hussy who thought she was God's gift to men.

I thanked each and every one who commented whether it was a good one or not. I had 27 and I was totally amazed. All of them were legitimate comments with a few opinions thrown in. Well, that's their prerogative I say and they're entitled to it.

Thanks again. Always appreciated.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#14 | Posted: 29 Nov 2012 07:03
Congratulations to the winners, and thanks to all participants, commenters, and voters. More than 40 000 votes and only God (and Februs) knows how many comments! Events like this keep the site lively, fun, and attractive.

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#15 | Posted: 29 Nov 2012 07:35
Congratulations to the winners and thanks to everybody who participated.

Thanks also to all those who took the trouble to comment. My entry attracted the highest number of comments I've ever received for any story which is very encouraging.

Many thanks also to the organisers for putting the whole thing together.

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#16 | Posted: 29 Nov 2012 08:32
Well done everyone and congratulations to the top six

corncrake
Female Author

Scotland
#17 | Posted: 29 Nov 2012 09:31
So many congratulations are due to everyone involved
in this marathon of a challenge!
Very well done to all - and thank you!

nibra
Male Author

England
#18 | Posted: 29 Nov 2012 10:08
Congrats indeed to all who took part in this Challenge and grateful thanks to our wonderful team of administrators who ran it all. I wonder why so many people took time out to comment on these stories when it was all I could do to get them all read. Comments will have to come later. Is there something about a challenge that stimulates commentators?

JohnH
Male Member

England
#19 | Posted: 29 Nov 2012 10:12
flopsybunny:
This challenge has given us another 94 stories!

As ever a fine contest with a real wealth of quality entries from all genres.

Praise for the winners is truly deserved, with a field so large to compete against.

Bravo! to each and every entrant. Merely by sharing you have enriched the library for all who read here.
By my reckoning, we are all winners by being able to enjoy all of your wonderful work
THANK YOU ALL !!

Miss_Naughty
Female Author

England
#20 | Posted: 29 Nov 2012 14:30
Hearty congratulations to all the entrants and of course those that managed to get the top slots.

Page  Page 2 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 11
Calibos, dochs, janb, katee, oxford
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9