Are you letter-writers procrastinating?

They're in the mail.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#32 | Posted: 23 Feb 2012 02:05
Janine:
Just bumping this up for attention. Only 1 week left for entries before voting time. How come we only have 25 submissions so far? Are you letter-writers procrastinating?

Well, there's a reason that it's called 'snail mail,' dear girl... --C.K.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#33 | Posted: 23 Feb 2012 02:39
I wrote a letter, placed it in an envelope with a stamp and sent it to KLSF, Scotland. I sure hope it gets there before the contest closes.

I was hoping I could have sent it electronically but the rules say it has to be a letter so I had no choice now, did I?

islandcarol
Female Author

USA
#34 | Posted: 23 Feb 2012 22:06
Did I understand that the rules state the entries won't be published in the library? I thought I saw a few of them from last summer as I reviewed author's pages.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#35 | Posted: 23 Feb 2012 22:17
Once voting begins, the letters will all be published in the Library under the Contest button until the voting period is over. During voting time the letter writers will not be identified. After the results are announced all the letters will be indentified by writer and placed under the authors page.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#36 | Posted: 27 Feb 2012 02:00
flopsybunny:
Last date/time for submission: midnight (GMT) 28 February 2012
Voting: 1st March to 21st March. (GMT)

A question for our esteemed site administrators - if the contest closes at midnight on 2/28, why must we wait until 3/1 for voting to begin? In past contests, didn't voting start almost immediately? Obviously, if you need the time to get everything loaded and formatted at a less-then-hectic pace, then we'll all be (reasonably) understanding.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#37 | Posted: 27 Feb 2012 02:06
njrick:
A question for our esteemed site administrators - if the contest closes at midnight on 2/28, why must we wait until 3/1 for voting to begin? In past contests, didn't voting start almost immediately? Obviously, if you need the time to get everything loaded and formatted at a less-then-hectic pace, then we'll all be (reasonably) understanding.

As there are currently no esteemed admins around I might as well answer this myself. Closing date for admissions is in fact 29/2 .. basically we lied...

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#38 | Posted: 27 Feb 2012 02:07
Februs:
basically we lied.

That's a logical explanation I can accept.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#39 | Posted: 27 Feb 2012 20:54
Procrastinating is a nasty habit known to lead to blindness. A famous Roman procrastinator was known as "Cunctator".

Lincoln
Male Author

England
#40 | Posted: 27 Feb 2012 23:11
Not so BH! Fabius "Cunctator" was a very capable general who knew the Romans couldn't defeat Hannibal in a pitched battle so he adopted the policy of shadowing him and fighting a battle when it most suited him. His tactics were succeeding, but rather like football club directors the amateur strategists in Rome sacked him and appointed a consul (Terentius Varro) who promised to launch an attack. The result was the battle of Cannae. One of the most disastrous defeats in Roman History and a classic "double envelopment" manoevre carried out by Hanibal.

Page  Page 4 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 6
Dejo, FlorianP, kanestrokes, lowendtheory, PGreenham, Spankking, umbongo, vedapierceotk
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9