LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

Minor update: completed serials

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 21 Aug 2011 15:11
Have now updated the software so that serials which have been completed are marked as such when viewed on the serials tab of author pages. In addition, the text at the end of the last part of a serial should now automatically display: ~:: THE END ::~

The bad news is that we've now got to go through all the serials we have and determine which are complete and mark them accordingly so we'll probably be pestering a few of you for info shortly ...

rollin
Male Member

USA
#2 | Posted: 21 Aug 2011 15:41
All of my serials are complete.

KJM
Male Author

Brazil
#3 | Posted: 21 Aug 2011 15:48
None of my serials are complete and probably never will be...

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#4 | Posted: 21 Aug 2011 16:37
All of my serials are finished except the Kellogg's Fruit and Fibre. However, there are one or two cases where readers have suggested I turn a one-parter into a serial.

I do intend to return to the adventures of Detective Constable Aashi Bhatt, with evil mastermind Govind Joshi still in pursuit, but see that as a new serial or number of one-parters rather than as extending "Silver, Blaise", since Blaise Silver will no longer play a part.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 21 Aug 2011 17:35
My two serials are ongoing. Each entry is a relatively self contained story, though.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#6 | Posted: 21 Aug 2011 18:14
So...what happens if we have not decided yet? The serial "Wife's Cousin" one will note the chapters are several months apart and I have not decided on Part 4 yet, right now it is a definite maybe.

Second question is what happens if we change our minds and decide to add a chapter or two, does this mean we have to ask first or do we just add it and the system will automatically change?

I do think what you are doing is a great idea but I certainly was hoping a couple of serials will continue and hope I do not see "The End" written on the serials I love to read.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 21 Aug 2011 18:32
canadianspankee:
So...what happens if we have not decided yet? The serial "Wife's Cousin" one will note the chapters are several months apart and I have not decided on Part 4 yet, right now it is a definite maybe.

Second question is what happens if we change our minds and decide to add a chapter or two, does this mean we have to ask first or do we just add it and the system will automatically change?

I do think what you are doing is a great idea but I certainly was hoping a couple of serials will continue and hope I do not see "The End" written on the serials I love to read.

If an author is undecided then I'd suggest the serial be left as it is, i.e. not marked as complete.

If another part gets added to serials which were previously marked as complete then my software will automatically make the necessary adjustment in terms of where it displays "THE END". If, however, the author submits another part on a previously completed serial and indicates to us there are yet more to come then we will remove the 'complete' marker from it.

opb
Male Author

England
#8 | Posted: 23 Aug 2011 22:37
There's only one minor issue with my serial "The Wyrd Sisters" in that it is a set of linked stories about a group of characters rather than an actual serial.

As it is, the serial "The Indiscretion" does fit into this set, the eponymous indiscretion being something which happens in one of the Wyrd Sisters stories. It does work reasonably on its own though.

Three Wyrd Sisters stories are missing from the LSF - Holly and the Wasp, Iris and the Navigator and Fifty words, The first two stand on their own but the last of which is also referred to in The Indiscretion.

Confusing eh?

Linda
Female Author

Scotland
#9 | Posted: 24 Aug 2011 09:22
opb:
Three Wyrd Sisters stories are missing from the LSF - Holly and the Wasp, Iris and the Navigator and Fifty words

Holly and the Wasp and Iris and the Navigator are there on your author page - under Stories 'W'.

opb
Male Author

England
#10 | Posted: 24 Aug 2011 14:22
Ah, whoops, that's not the first time I've failed to spot my own stories. Sorry about that.

Online now: Members - 11 : Guests - 7
alfent, druidicone, fvsoler, Hotscot, insonia, kanestrokes, njrick, Pembridge06, Sfar, Shadowdancer, spankeddad
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9