Resignation

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3
CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#21 | Posted: 13 Mar 2011 13:25
canadianspankee:
njrick: I'm having none of these legalistic technicalities. I resigned, and that's it.
quote=njrick] hereby tender my resignation as Shameless-Self-Plugger-in-Chief (SSPC

njrick it was you who "tendered" the resignation, the word tender implies it needs acceptance to be officially accepted, your words not mine, so it is not legalistic technicalities, it is you who is seeking acceptance of your "tendered" resignation. Such resignation of course can be rejected just as any "tender" can and with the upmost respect and admiration and jealousy as to how many comments you get compared to the number I get, I respectfully submit to the Library Administrator NOT to accept your "tendered" resignation, but instead make it a life long job assigned to the only real one person who could do such a fine job[/quote]

This reminds me of that "Seinfeld" episode in which George (Costanza) tells his girlfriend that he's breaking up with her but she refuses to accept it and won't recognize that he's no longer her boyfriend.

Apparently being the Library's supreme shameless self-plugger is one of those positions that, once achieved through extreme diligence, a person finds it very difficult, perhaps even impossible, to simply 'walk away from.'

"In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade,
And he carriers the reminder of every blow that laid him low
Or cut him, as he cries out, in his anger and his shame,
'I am leaving, I am leaving,' but the fighter still remains."

--Paul Simon (Simon and Garfunkel), "The Boxer"

People being psychologically unable to terminate certain relationships, well that's a fairly common theme in Library stories, isn't it? --C.K.

blimp
Male Author

England
#22 | Posted: 13 Mar 2011 14:37
You put it very nicely CK. The simple truth is that NJ is in a class of his own as a shameless self plugger and an inspiration to shameless self pluggers everywhere. We know in our hearts that comment grubbing could never have reached such olympian heights without his tireless work and boundless energy. I am sure a committee could be formed from members of the library that would earnestly consider his application to resign, this however could take several years as it would have to review a huge amount of comment grubbing material and he would of course have to perform all comment grubbing duties during the period of time the committee were reviewing his application.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#23 | Posted: 13 Mar 2011 14:56
Excellent suggestion, Mr blimp. These measures demand a dedicated perusal of comment grubbing activity - a lifetime's work for several people I would think! And of course, until this gargantuan task has been completed satisfactorily by a committee of experts, njrick will be forced to 'remain in position'

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#24 | Posted: 13 Mar 2011 18:45
flopsybunny:
Excellent suggestion, Mr blimp. These measures demand a dedicated perusal of comment grubbing activity - a lifetime's work for several people I would think! And of course, until this gargantuan task has been completed satisfactorily by a committee of experts, njrick will be forced to 'remain in position'

Yes, that's it exactly!

Thousands of characters in numerous Library stories are required to "remain in position" even while they desperately want to move out of position and in fact in many cases leave the immediate area entirely--however, in the vast majority of situations they end up unable to do so.

So why should Rick Marlowe get any type of 'special dispensation' RE his personal desire to move out of position? Does he allow his poor, punished literary characters to do that? Of course not--and "What's good for the goose is good for the gander," after all... --C.K.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#25 | Posted: 13 Mar 2011 19:49
flopsybunny:
These measures demand a dedicated perusal of comment grubbing activity - a lifetime's work for several people

Although far from an expert in these matters I hereby volunteer to sit on the proposed committee, I have some free time in Sept 2013, and would expect the committee to finish by Sept 2036, if not an extension of 10 years could be requested and not unreasonably denied as the matter before the committee is of serious concern to all.

blimp
Male Author

England
#26 | Posted: 15 Mar 2011 20:03
Has anyone else noticed a distinct lack of comment grubbing activity lately? NJ, I do hope you are not pretending to be the strong silent type?

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#27 | Posted: 16 Mar 2011 03:50
blimp:
Has anyone else noticed a distinct lack of comment grubbing activity lately?

Hmmm...that's funny. It might almost make you think that the chief comment-grubber, aka, the SSPC, had resigned. No wait... that couldn't happen? Or could it?

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 11
donut88, jogreenknickers, Omegalodon, sirPaul52
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9