The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / LSF News /

Resignation

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#11 | Posted: 11 Mar 2011 19:14
blimp:
Insight!!? Or perhaps it means she is not going to pay you a flying visit after all!!

Looks like I am gonna have to go visit and see if his condition is curable at all. I was thinking of taking something very stingy with me...

OK, I have to ask Rick, what has brought this on?

ps candianspankee does have a point about due notice... whenever I try and resign it is refused

rollin
Male Member

USA
#12 | Posted: 11 Mar 2011 19:37
He can't resign yet. He's in the movie. It's like the mafia---you try to quit but they just pull you back.

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 11 Mar 2011 22:49
twisted8:
Much talk. Same action.

I confess this was my first reaction, though I almost certainly would've expressed it at considerably greater length than did Twisted's succinctity.

njrick:
We shall see.

But now I worry that this might be a case of Shameless Self-plugger's block?

If Rick's stated cause is the true one, then it's a sad reflection of the demise of advertising in our era.

As an Englishman suffering from the almost haemorrhoidal discomfort of being caught between a need for feedback quite as avid as Rick's and a congenital embarrassment about seeking it, I wish to hail our retiring SSPiC for having pioneered and modelled the art with such front and balls. I regret any snide disdain I may ever have shown, now realising 'You never know what you've got till it's gone.'

In honour and penance, I shall now go read the story with FOURTEEN more comments than any other in the library, and make that fifteen!
Jeez! The ingratitude!!

Janine
Female Validater

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 11 Mar 2011 23:12
Oh Rick! I don't believe a single word about your resignation. In fact, this is MORE (expertly disguised) shameless plugging so people will feel sorry for you and go read your stories out of a sense of guilt and regret (as evidenced by TEM's latest remark). Your shamelessness has really sunk to new depths. tsk tsk

(Damn! I just wish I had thought of doing this to get more comments for MY stories! You really are a sly one!)

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#15 | Posted: 12 Mar 2011 00:06
I agree Janine. The power of reverse psychology is incredibly strong. Rick is not only a master of self plugging but also of 'retiring' and I think the latter will most likely increase his reads and comments hugely!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 12 Mar 2011 01:50
canadianspankee:
we fully expect you to fulfill your duties for at least the next two weeks. That is of course the question of whether the Administration of this Library accepts your resignation

I'm having none of these legalistic technicalities. I resigned, and that's it.

CrimsonKidCK:
you never should've gone walking down that road to Damascus...

I have now seen the light.

PinkAngel:
I was thinking of taking something very stingy with me...

Great! I'll be happy to use it on you!

PinkAngel:
OK, I have to ask Rick, what has brought this on?

And here I thought I explained it quite well. Oh well, if you have an hour or so, I'll be happy to 'splain it all to you at length.

rollin:
He can't resign yet. He's in the movie.

I believe I gave permission for unlimited reference to me in my erstwhile role.

TheEnglishMaster:
But now I worry that this might be a case of Shameless Self-plugger's block?

You're making that up - there's no such thing!

TheEnglishMaster:
it's a sad reflection of the demise of advertising in our era.

We can only hope!

Janine:
Your shamelessness has really sunk to new depths.

I can still be shameless - I just won't be self-plugging in that state. People who choose to go read my stories are free to do so. It will jsut no longer be at my instigation.

jools:
Rick is not only a master of self plugging but also of 'retiring' and I think the latter will most likely increase his reads and comments hugely!

If I'm a master at retiring, then it is beginner's luck. This is my first (and only) time.

I can't believe that people doubt my sincerity. I may have been a shameless self-plugger (in the past), but I've always been honest (at least ALMOST always).

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#17 | Posted: 12 Mar 2011 11:12
This sounds suspiciously like one of those notorious 'farewell tours' that certain ageing showbiz figures managed to string out for the best part of a decade....

MarkPhoenix
Male Author

USA
#18 | Posted: 13 Mar 2011 00:12
PhilK:
This sounds suspiciously like one of those notorious 'farewell tours' that certain ageing showbiz figures managed to string out for the best part of a decade....

Or two. Or three . . .

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#19 | Posted: 13 Mar 2011 00:50
njrick:
I'm having none of these legalistic technicalities. I resigned, and that's it.

quote=njrick] hereby tender my resignation as Shameless-Self-Plugger-in-Chief (SSPC[/quote]

njrick it was you who "tendered" the resignation, the word tender implies it needs acceptance to be officially accepted, your words not mine, so it is not legalistic technicalities, it is you who is seeking acceptance of your "tendered" resignation. Such resignation of course can be rejected just as any "tender" can and with the upmost respect and admiration and jealousy as to how many comments you get compared to the number I get, I respectfully submit to the Library Administrator NOT to accept your "tendered" resignation, but instead make it a life long job assigned to the only real one person who could do such a fine job

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 13 Mar 2011 00:55
canadianspankee:
it was you who "tendered" the resignation

When I say 'tender,' it shall mean what I intend it to mean, no more, no less.

canadianspankee:
make it a life long job assigned to the only real one person

And just what makes you think I'm a 'real' person?

MarkPhoenix:
the best part of a decade....
Or two. Or three . . .

It's gonna be the shortest three decades you ever lived.

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 7
ch1ckory, gerard, RobinS, steve77
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9