Congratulations - NJRick Reaches 100!!!

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 6 Mar 2011 16:28
njrick:
whereas I get a donkey that shits cigarettes. I guess I'll have to take up smoking.

I wouldn't fancy smoking cigarettes that have been lurking in a donkey's bottom

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 6 Mar 2011 16:40
njrick:
All I can say is that barretthunter gets a 100-submissions medal for reaching 100 stories, as do DJ Black, Daria Little, Goodgulf, Haley Brimley, Jack Crawford, Jimisim, Lawrence Kinden, Linda, Naughty Clyde, pim parnell, Quillis and Teddybrear, whereas I get a donkey that shits cigarettes. I guess I'll have to take up smoking.

I'm very surprised that the other authors you refer to haven't been complaining about the favouritism shown to you in that none of them have been lucky enough to have received a cigarette-shitting donkey.

Anyway, you will no doubt be delighted to hear that the matter has now been addressed. The code which was incrementing the total number of submissions by adding up those in each of the various document types was inside a segment which was also checking whether there was more than one of them such that the name of the document type could be pluralised, i.e. 2 stories (plural) as opposed to 1 story (singular). That meant in your case that the 1 snippet you had penned was excluded from your overall total meaning you had 99 rather than 100 items.

That situation has now been rectified, however, and your author page is now displaying the previously missing 'medal'. In the circumstances I think the cigarette-shitting donkey should be returned so that it can be given to someone who is currently medal-less yet deserving.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 6 Mar 2011 17:09
Februs:
In the circumstances I think the cigarette-shitting donkey should be returned so that it can be given to someone who is currently medal-less yet deserving.

Having received my much-coveted medal, I'll be happy to comply. And thank you for the technical explanation (say WHAT????). But I DO get to keep the chicken hat, don't I?

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#14 | Posted: 6 Mar 2011 19:11
Well congratulation Rick. It seems you have manged to stir up plenty of action but I feel like I dropped down a rabbit hole.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#15 | Posted: 6 Mar 2011 19:14
I guess it's his choice, but I think that Rick has made a bad deal here. Anybody can get a medal, but a cigarette-shitting donkey is something you just don't see every day.

Further, if I correctly understand Februs's technical explanation, if njrick had just waited until he had made one more submission, he would have scored both the medal and the aforementioned rare and coveted donkey.

blimp
Male Author

England
#16 | Posted: 6 Mar 2011 19:33
Februs:
I'm very surprised that the other authors you refer to haven't been complaining about the favouritism shown to you in that none of them have been lucky enough to have received a cigarette-shitting donkey.

It is almost worth taking up smoking for, in my opinion. On the subject of nj's painful lack of gratitude I can only say, how sharper than a serpent's tooth it is to have a thankless author!!

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#17 | Posted: 6 Mar 2011 20:14
blimp:
On the subject of nj's painful lack of gratitude I can only say, how sharper than a serpent's tooth it is to have a thankless author!!

... Whereas I am sure Mr blimp will be truly grateful for his ravishingly handsome wing commander moustache

and a nice boxing granny set to play with after tea.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#18 | Posted: 6 Mar 2011 20:18
flopsybunny:
and a nice boxing granny set to play with after tea.

That better not be my boxing granny set that you've given him .. not that I begrudge the blimpster having it but it would have been nice to have been asked first ...

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#19 | Posted: 6 Mar 2011 20:38
Many congrats NJR on reaching your first century. That's an impressive catalogue: wear your medal with pride, sir.

Less straight-facedly:
I think I speak for us all when I say that it's high time you stopped being the shy, retiring mouse Come out of your shell, man!! If Flopsy hadn't flagged it up, I don't think anyone here would have known you'd ever written anything at all.

To which purpose ... I propose that you share with us what would be your Top 5 Favourite Rick Marlowe Stories that you would urge us all to read (twice, and comment on), and your Top 10, and why not throw in the Top 25 too?

blimp
Male Author

England
#20 | Posted: 6 Mar 2011 21:53
flopsybunny:
.. Whereas I am sure Mr blimp will be truly grateful for his ravishingly handsome wing commander moustache

What a huge incentive to reach a century of stories! Wing Commander Blimp, it has a certain ring to it! I shall start reading the Daily Telegraph from tomorrow!

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 9
DanishMan, Euanwd, knicks604, michael57, RedMarkens, Rickinto, Siergiej345, smokeyboy, stevenr
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9