The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / LSF News /

Comment Counter

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 1 Mar 2011 13:29
What's wrong with the comment counter? On March 1, the total number of comments in March as shown on the Comments Stats page is 16, yet right above that, the total for the day is shown as 41? Is someone fudging the numbers? If so, could you please fudge a few more for "Rick Marlowe"?

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#2 | Posted: 1 Mar 2011 13:33
I would guess that perhaps the counter resets at a different time and so is showing some comments from yest... feb... Other than that, pass

edit... hmm nope, further looking shows that doesn't add up with the latest comments page, so pass...

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 1 Mar 2011 13:37
njrick:
What's wrong with the comment counter? On March 1, the total number of comments in March as shown on the Comments Stats page is 16, yet right above that, the total for the day is shown as 41? Is someone fudging the numbers? If so, could you please fudge a few more for "Rick Marlowe"?

This is due to the fact that the "Today" stats uses GMT for its calculation whereas the monthly totals on the Stats page uses the time of our server which I am reliably informed is in Houston somewhere.

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#4 | Posted: 1 Mar 2011 13:38
HA, so I was sort of correct then

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 1 Mar 2011 13:41
Februs:
This is due to the fact that the "Today" stats uses GMT for its calculation whereas the monthly totals on the Stats page uses the time of our server which I am reliably informed is in Houston somewhere.

Ah, the wonders of modern technology. Well, for my stats, use whichever gives me more.

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 1 Mar 2011 23:48
On the topic of stats, it's good to see that voting has increased on the current contest, compared to the last one. Fewer votes overall, of course, but only 40 stories in this as against 66 last time.

Calculations just in from the Office of National Statistics, a notorious nest of nigglingly numerate spankos at the heart of the British Establishment, reveals that there were an average 273.3 votes per story last time. That figure stands at 305.6 for this contest with a day or two still to go - an increase nigh on 12%, and most of them assuredly for that Marlowe man, by the sheer power of his Will, if nothing else.

anitalynn
Female Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 2 Mar 2011 01:21
TheEnglishMaster:
most of them assuredly for that Marlowe man, by the sheer power of his Will, if nothing else.

More like the sheer power of his mouth.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 2 Mar 2011 03:02
TheEnglishMaster:
and most of them assuredly for that Marlowe man, by the sheer power of his Will, if nothing else.

I can only hope.

anitalynn:
More like the sheer power of his mouth

Wha-? How come I'm such a target all of a sudden? Did Flopsy pin a bullseye on my back?

Oh well - there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Only two more days! Make sure you vote for me!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 2 Mar 2011 04:51
On a more serious note (not that my story-plugging isn't serious):

TheEnglishMaster:
there were an average 273.3 votes per story last time. That figure stands at 305.6 for this contest with a day or two still to go

Although there are fewer stories this time, because they are, on average, several times as long, there is far more reading that a reader/voter must do in order to get through the stories in order to cast votes. As an author/entrant, I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to do so. I hope it was enjoyable (I certainly found it so, with many great stories), but still takes dedication to plug through to the end. That should not go unnoticed or unappreciated.

mati
Female Member

Germany
#10 | Posted: 2 Mar 2011 09:11
njrick:
there is far more reading that a reader/voter must do in order to get through the stories..... As an author/entrant, I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to do so

Ooops! Nobody announced that we should read your stories. I thought voting and commenting is sufficient.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 11
jogreenknickers, Omegalodon, sirPaul52
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9