LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / LSF News /

(not about stopping the) Comments Glut

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 12 Feb 2011 17:52
This is really a question for Februs (when I get to the question part), who has access to all the stats.

At the rate members are commenting in February, we'll not only top January (which in turn topped December), but we MAY top 3,000 comments - all in the merely 28 days that comprise the month. So clearly there has been success in reversing the slight 'comments slide' of a few months ago.

My question for Februs - how much of the increase (if any) might be attributed to heavier use of the library (which perhaps can be measured in 'views'), vs readers simply commenting more on what they read? Is the Library being used more since last summer?

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 12 Feb 2011 18:12
I don't actually have access to the kind of stats that I'd need to answer your question but it's clear that introducing the 'limited' account for non-commenters made a huge difference, not just in encouraging people to leave the occasional comment but also in bringing the actual issue to people's attention. In addition, a month or two ago we introduced a feature which displays the announcement banner (with a reminder to comment) to non-commenters which also seems to have helped a lot too.

It doesn't affect me personally as I don't have any stories loaded but I think the site in general is far more interesting and lively with a decent number of comments getting made.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 12 Feb 2011 18:16
Februs:
It doesn't affect me personally as I don't have any stories loaded but I think the site in general is far more interesting and lively with a decent number of comments getting made.

That is absolutely the case. As is having the Forum. And the popups.

To read in a vacuum is ok, but it's better to read in (and write for!) an active group.

Februs:
In addition, a month or two ago we introduced a feature which displays the announcement banner (with a reminder to comment) to non-commenters which also seems to have helped a lot too.

Does that mean I can stop performing that function?

tully572003
Male Member

Scotland
#4 | Posted: 12 Feb 2011 21:02
I have made comments on three stories However I'm only accredited with having made one comment.why did this happen?

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 12 Feb 2011 21:09
tully572003:
I have made comments on three stories However I'm only accredited with having made one comment.why did this happen?

Comments saying just "good story" and nothing else tend to be deleted (as explained on the comment posting form), apart from that I can't think of any other reason.

DannySwottem5
Male Member

England
#6 | Posted: 12 Feb 2011 21:10
There is still a slide though only it`s now turned into an avalanche, of comments ! Be it threats of penalty, coercion or what have you it`s a good thing to see. I never could read in a vacuum , they`re too dark and full of dust and stuff.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 12 Feb 2011 22:12
Februs:
tully572003: I have made comments on three stories However I'm only accredited with having made one comment.why did this happen?
Comments saying just "good story" and nothing else tend to be deleted (as explained on the comment posting form), apart from that I can't think of any other reason.

Is it also possible that they didn't get credited (yet) because they were comments on stories in the current picture challenge contest?

Those don't seem to be listed under "My Comments" yet... --C.K.

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 8
Andes107, Euphrosyne, luw1818, reqressor, SummerRed
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9