LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / LSF News /

Reversing the Comments slide

Page  Page 3 of 12: «« 1 2 3 4 5  ... 8 9 10 11 12 »»
runcy
Male Author

England
#21 | Posted: 25 Oct 2010 20:51
We have a similiar idea with our current serials, add to them as long as the "hit" rate keeps up, then as the views taper off bring them to a close.

(PS Cote de Pablo is in NCIS)

edb
Male Author

Spain
#22 | Posted: 25 Oct 2010 21:05
I can but concur with rollin, the englishmaster and flopsy.

I write because I enjoy the flights of fancy that I conjure up in my own mind; that is my primary goal. I would however be disingenuous if I maintained that I did not enjoy and appreciate positive comments and feedback from my writing efforts. I can't speak for others, but knowing that readers are moved to comment makes the hours of creative thinking and writing all the more worthwhile, and I would think all the authors on this wonderful board would concur.

To know that our efforts are appreciated spurs us on, whether to greater or lesser literary master pieces is immaterial; the fact that our friends on this site submit their innermost imaginations makes this a wonderful place to feel a part of.

Ps: this would not be the place it is without the efforts of the librarian (flopsy), her assistants' (who have to wade through all our missives), the programmer (you know who I mean) or the validator's (who are too numerous to mention, but who we appreciate for their unsung efforts)

To flopsybunny and all of her crew; I thank you all for your sterling efforts.

Erwin
Male Member

Germany
#23 | Posted: 26 Oct 2010 16:41
TheEnglishMaster:
It would seem you come under the category of 'Fear of not making a 'good' enough comment'.

Thank you, but I would put me under the category "lazy".
You have missed my first sentence, "I'm a reader, not a critic".
When I got a grin from ear to ear I have written that.
But often I read a story and after that I thought, nice, but what more can I say about that?

Let's say, till now I mostly had the behaviour of a consumer here, not so much of a participant. While reading what the authors here write, how important feedback is for them, I remembered how happy I was, after I got (positive) mails from readers of my stories (published on a German spanking site).

To make long words short: in future I will try to give more feedback.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#24 | Posted: 30 Oct 2010 02:07
We have officially done it!

We have reversed the comments slide, sort of, barely; for this month anyhow. On this, the last day of the month, we have officially exceeded the number if last month's comments.

Let's vow to keep up the good work.

Guy

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#25 | Posted: 30 Oct 2010 05:05
Guy:
On this, the last day of the month,

Or even on the penultimate day. But who's counting?

galt54
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#26 | Posted: 31 Oct 2010 04:56
All these posts are getting me fired up. I will try to write a few stories for this site one day. The trouble is I have so precious little time. But I have a lot of ideas! Maybe you people here will be hearing more from me one day.

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#27 | Posted: 31 Oct 2010 14:12
galt54:
I will try to write a few stories for this site

That would be a pleasure, I'm sure, for all of us - and you might find it creatively liberating (and fun) for yourself too. You might also then better appreciate why authors like comments. Your own rate of 1 comment in 225 reads isn't very encouraging to those of us who do contribute our writing!

Guy
Male Author

USA
#28 | Posted: 31 Oct 2010 16:05
njrick:
Or even on the penultimate day. But who's counting?

Perhaps I forgot to wind my calendar?

galt54:
Maybe you people here will be hearing more from me one day.

That would be great!

Guy

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#29 | Posted: 31 Oct 2010 19:10
And we've now topped August - now on the final day of the month (unless my calendar was never wound).

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#30 | Posted: 31 Oct 2010 19:27
Yes, a welcome case of Sod's Law. I should have kept my trap shut and not been so pessimistic.
Onwards and upwards!

Page  Page 3 of 12: «« 1 2 3 4 5  ... 8 9 10 11 12 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 5
Felix34, haitianfeng, irishotk, molvo1, spanker30, thepreacherswife
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9