The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / LSF News /

Congrats and thanks to tfs

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 6 Oct 2020 22:50
Longtime member (and author) tfs recently passed a major milestone by posting his 10,000th story comment. This means that he has not only read but posted comments upon over 1/3 of the stories (and other works) here at the LSF. Having been the recipient of a fair number of those comments myself, I am most appreciative of his diligence and thoughtfulness. With the only other 2 members of the 10,000 comment club no longer active here, tfs is now the reigning active Chief Commenter. Congratulations are order. Well done, tfs!

BashfulBob
Male Author

Ireland
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 7 Oct 2020 00:59
I was going to say that it is readers like tfs that make it so rewarding for authors; but let's face it, there is no-one quite like tfs. This is an absolutely awesome achievement. According to my library card I am a 'commenting deity', but by my estimate I will only reach the 10,000 mark around 2054. So heartfelt thanks and congratulations to tfs on reaching this staggering milestone (and thanks also to njrick for providing us with a forum to publicly acknowledge tfs's outstanding contribution to the LSF).

galt54
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 7 Oct 2020 03:05
Oh dear. Some people really get a lot of reading (and commenting) done! I am impressed, tfs. Well done!

Lonewulf
Male Member

USA
#4 | Posted: 7 Oct 2020 03:52
TFS has also produced 183 written items, amounting to 879,247 words, which spans just shy of 10 years. Or 18.3 stories a year, or approximately one story every 19 days...

As a person who has written 6 stories in approximately the past 15 years, those statistics are a little intimidating. Not belittling his commentary workmanship, but merely speculating on there being a relationship of writing to reading/commentating?

Good job TFS, either way.

Geoffrey
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 7 Oct 2020 09:39
Lonewolf: if you like writing then you are likely to like reading and enjoy the extra writing that comes from commenting.

Tfs--fantastic, well done.

Geoffrey Stirling.

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 7 Oct 2020 15:57
Adding my thanks and respect for the tireless tfs. Always perceptive and encouraging, your comments alone have probably sustained many an author's career here. 10,000 is almost super-human, even over 10 years - isn't that 3 a day? Every single day? For ten years!

KatiePie
Female Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 7 Oct 2020 17:16
That is an incredible record. Thank you so much tfs for the comments you've given me.

Often123
Male Member

USA
#8 | Posted: 7 Oct 2020 17:40
Wow, those are impressive numbers. Well done, tfs.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#9 | Posted: 7 Oct 2020 19:16
Note only is the number of comments impressive, but the quality is even higher. A really mind-blowing achievement! Like Bob, I am "commenting deity", but there seems to be a hierarchy among the deities, too, and it's obviously a long climb to the top of Mount Olympos.

tfs
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 7 Oct 2020 20:46
Many thanks to all of you for taking time out to "comment" on my volume of comments! Quite honestly, there are so many talented people contributing such a vast array of interesting stories to the library that, for me at least, it makes thinking of something to say in a comment pretty easy most of the time.

I must confess, however, that I got off to a rather slow start. As someone who had never written anything for public consumption, I spent my early days in the LSF thinking that I had no business commenting on a writer's work if I wasn't one myself. The Admins soon set me straight on that and, to Lonewulf's point, commenting soon led me to try writing. So, for all of you who are as shy about commenting as I was at first; give it a try. Who knows where it might lead?

Thanks again to all of you for all those warm words.

Cheers,

tfs (Steve Timmons)

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 8
Balor, Bump, ch1ckory, rudabega, Tengen, vedapierceotk
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9