LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / LSF News /

challenges

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
flowerchild
Female Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 21 Nov 2018 05:53
I haven't been available to participate here in a couple of years, but YAY!!!! I have some time now. My big question is, as I was browsing, I noticed that there haven't been any story contests this year at all. That was always one of my favorite parts of LSF. Have they been discontinued?

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 21 Nov 2018 11:57
Yes, they have been discontinued. (Not wanting to speak for anyone else but doing so anyhow) I think Management became frustrated by the repetitious questioning/complaints/suggestions related to the scoring system that happened at the conclusion of each challenge.

Spankedjenny
Female Validater

USA
#3 | Posted: 21 Nov 2018 11:59
Sadly, yes. They have been.

There was all kinds of bitching and moaning about, at the very least, the last challenge and Flopsy and Februs had had enough so they killed them, the challenges that is... not the complainers!

Interestingly enough, two who complained the most have subsequently left the library, they "took their ball and left" so to speak, possibly never to return, so I am hoping and praying that maybe there's a glimmer of hope that they might be resurrected at some point...

Please, please, please... we promise to be good!

Janine
Female Validater

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 21 Nov 2018 13:14
Welcome back, flowerchild! Yes, you missed the end of the challenges. I, for one, was thrilled that these contests pushed me to write—something that I don't do anymore on a regular basis—and am happy that I participated in what would sadly become the admin's last challenge.

The forum posts for the "Act of Revenge" challenge did veer into argument and ugliness at times. If you have the interest (and stomach) to follow the path to the end, you can find the long thread in the Noticeboard section of the forums. (I'm having a problem trying to copy the link for some reason.)

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 21 Nov 2018 17:56
Spankedjenny:
Interestingly enough, two who complained the most have subsequently left the library, they "took their ball and left" so to speak, possibly never to return, so I am hoping and praying that maybe there's a glimmer of hope that they might be resurrected at some point...

Please, please, please... we promise to be good!

Well, given your screen name, one might have to take such a promise with the proverbial grain of salt, hmmmm?

That's just teasing, seriously however I do miss the Challenges as well, although due to personal issues I was unable to complete my planned entry to the last one (just over a year ago) on time.

Some participants were obviously focused on the competition aspect, while I'd venture that the participation aspect should've been considered to be much more important--it was to me, anyway.

We'll just have to hope for the best...

--C.K.

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#6 | Posted: 21 Nov 2018 18:43
Yes, I miss the challenges.

Of course it was a contest so naturally there was a competitive edge but I can't believe anybody really took it seriously.

The various suggested themes invariably succeeded in giving me ideas for stories and a kick up the **** to put pen to paper (finger to keyboard) and submit an entry.

There also always seemed to be a healthy number of comments which made it rewarding.

I would love to see the competitions reinstated.

Vinsanity
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 21 Nov 2018 21:07
By the time I started contributing to the site the contests had been done away with. Still regret not putting my foot forward sooner to join in on the fun. Oh well, maybe someday they'll return and I'll get my shot!

JessicaK
Female Author

Canada
#8 | Posted: 21 Nov 2018 21:49
I loved the challenges, because they prompted me to try new things, both as a writer and as a reader, and because they produced huge volumes of immensely gratifying feedback, both positive and constructively critical. Would also be delighted if they returned - maybe with a caveat that one complaint about scoring gets the entry disqualified, and two gets the complainer booted?

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 21 Nov 2018 21:59
I too enjoyed the challenge of working on a story based on a challenge. I did not participate in all of them - and I was often the last person to get his story in - but they were enjoyable.

As for time right now, I'm currently working a Christmas Story (but it was meant to be finished 2 years ago) and editing stories that are basically finished.

CarolinaPaddler
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 22 Nov 2018 13:28
I dearly miss the challenges too. I found that each one I entered I learned something that made me a better writer and author of stories. Plus, the opportunity to see how other entrants explained the same elements of the set plot.

I trust if the challenge was reestablished the persons who complained would behave better and have good sportsmanship. Instead of complaining I used the challenges to beat my personal best and hopefully generate comments which I believe are the 'real' heartbeat of an interactive site.

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 10
Alef, Bedhand, hunter, ronclute, tocciek
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9