Retirement

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3
Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#21 | Posted: 6 Aug 2015 16:47
twisted8:
Time to kick back and enjoy. Let the youngsters take the responsibility. We did our time! For myself I want to go to scene gig's not plan them. Much the same feeling for the two of you I'm sure. Think about it. Please!!!

Yes you're dead right but where is my seat on the board, the keys to the executive washroom, the suitably inscribed gold watch, the set of LSF monogrammed platinum cufflinks, the knighthood for services rendered to the spanking community, the name of Februs entered in the spankoland equivalent of the Hollywood Walk of Fame? All I can see is yet another bunch of items for editing, formatting, loading and indexing. It's like being one of the downtrodden, overworked, impoverished characters in a Dickens novel. Where the bloody hell are the Brothers Cheeryble when you need them?

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#22 | Posted: 6 Aug 2015 22:44
Februs.

Bosh!!!

Start delegating. Let the word out you need a second to back you up with the promise to be running everything in a year or two. That's on both sides of your empire: Bottom Lines & LSF. Better yet get two and have them compete. You kick back and SUPERVISE. Emeritus is what you make of it.

As to all the perks. Make a new I-Watch the cost of following in your hallowed footsteps. Monogrammed cufflinks? Easy. It's all part of the deal.

As to the Knighthood let all those Spanko's with something to hide over there hit up Her Majesty to put you on the next list. Good for the 'Special Relationship' as well since we all know that she wants to curry relations with us unruly and rebellious colonists on our side to the pond. It's all lobbying as you know.

Not to mention your 'Star' in Spankoland. I've seen all the links on other sites leading back to you! And part of your reward is taking the name Februs to a whole new level. Hardly the stuff of long forgotten Spanko mags of yesteryear. Now it shines! I can hear it all now. "I knew old Februs when he ran things with a whippy cane and a well oiled strap". "These young whippersnappers today just don't know how to do it like he did back in the day". Grin!

Stop your bitching Old Man! Make it happen.

Grin's for years.........................................................

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#23 | Posted: 7 Aug 2015 23:07
I opened this Forum post fully expecting it to be about me being forced out to pasture for real from from some imaginary and entirely unnecessarily LSF post. Can you imagine my shock that, instead about a totally voluntary but (fortunately) imaginary retirement by Februs from his very real anb absolutely essential LSF position. I've read that right, haven't I, it IS a fictitious retirement?

Februs:
Yes you're dead right but where is my seat on the board, the keys to the executive washroom, the suitably inscribed gold watch, the set of LSF monogrammed platinum cufflinks, the knighthood for services rendered to the spanking community

I think they are over there behind that pile of empty crisps packages and stack of empty fake Red Bull cans? Or is that just the validaters' stash of Drinkmore's?

Februs:
But, to offer an illustration, apart from the usual stuff such as the abusive emails from people who don't like being asked to make the occasional comment, the complaints that we haven't loaded anything for x days, the complaints that we haven't responded to some particular email within x days, the endless attempts to create multiple registrations in order to avoid commenting, the endless attempts from spammers to infiltrate the site, the various complaints that the site doesn't work in some particular combination of web browser and operating system

Don't forget - at one point you had a perfectly reasonable offer for by someone who would take over the Help Desk function. If that wasn't acceptable, there's always the option of telling 'em to go f themselves.

In all seriousness, everything you do is appreciated, even if we forget to mention it frequently enough. Now I know that it doesn't lessen the amount of work in any way, but it's nonetheless true.

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#24 | Posted: 8 Aug 2015 22:52
njrick:
I think they are over there behind that pile of empty crisps packages and stack of empty fake Red Bull cans?

They are mixing the single malt with Red Bull up in the LSF executive suite ???????????????

Yewwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3

Online now: Members - 2 : Guests - 5
Alef, yokogawa
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9