LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / LSF News /

Alex Birch - 1,000 comments received

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 29 Jan 2014 01:27
It is generally hard to collect many comments here when you don't have new stories that are loaded. It's harder still to write new stories when you're no longer among the living. Yet Alex Birch, who passed away four years ago, several months before the oft-mentioned comments explosion here at the Library manages to chug along collecting more and more comment, so that he has now reached the one thousand comment marker. How does (did?) he do it? It's simply a result of how prolific he was while producing quality material. Readers keep finding there way to his stories, and like what they find. So let's acknowledge this fine author. Great job, Mr. Birch!

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#2 | Posted: 29 Jan 2014 01:33
Well done sir! Life may pass us by but great stories are around forever. RIP

CS

Guy
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 29 Jan 2014 12:33
Indeed, well done Alex. One of my great hopes for the LSF is that my stories will outlive me, just as Alex's stories have been doing for him.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 29 Jan 2014 14:30
I mirror CS's comment. Alex had a head for writing stories. I also agree with Guy. With the LSF behind us, we'll all have these great reminders of our stories to pass on for years to come after we're gone.

RIP Alex, and well done.

turk
Male Member

USA
#5 | Posted: 29 Jan 2014 15:16
Very well done, thanks, T

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 29 Jan 2014 15:26
Amazing. It is a shame that Alex isn't here to receive our congratulations or to write more of his great stories. The fact that we are still reading and commenting on his work proves how talented he was.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#7 | Posted: 29 Jan 2014 16:39
Pearly Gates Publishers (formed by a merger of the separate enterprises of Eli Pearly and Bill Gates) are a bit slow but their success rate is phenomenal, thanks largely to concentrating on established, indeed famous, authors and composers. A new composition by Haydn, a new play by William Shakespeare and a new story by Fyodor Dostoevsky are all in preparation and their recent launch of a new gospel (by Judas Iscariot) was spectacularly successful despite serious printing issues. So it's hardly surprising they've accepted manuscripts from Alex Birch.

Alex wrote brilliant stories and was very encouraging to me when I started to write spanking fiction.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 30 Jan 2014 08:01
Alex was a gifted author, although I've only read a smattering of his work.

His adult spanking orientation was almost entirely maledom (M/F), with perhaps a touch of F/F, and he did irritate a few femdom-oriented posters on the old soc.sexuality.spanking (SSS) newsgroup by stating that adult F/M stories struck him as "unrealistic."

(He didn't generally read them, except in his volunteer role as a reader/reviewer in SSS's summer Short Story Contests, wherein he was expected to respond to any stories randomly assigned to him.)

However, occasionally I read such remarks while seated at my computer somewhat less than comfortably, courtesy of my darling wife recently having wielded a paddle, wooden spoon and/or bath brush atop my undefended 'seat of correction.'

That would have me smiling sardonically. "Right, Alex, it's purely a fantasy..." --C.K.

opb
Male Author

England
#9 | Posted: 30 Jan 2014 10:31
Alex was a true gent, and was so encouraging to me in writing as well, always positive.

As it happens I am working on renovating a collaborative story from Alex's site Flaming Cheeks which has chapters by the great man amongst others. I hope to have it ready for publication here before too long.

BashfulBob
Male Author

Ireland
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 3 Feb 2014 15:02
Alex Birch's website was a source of great distraction for me in my (slightly) younger days. I loved his stories and those he selected written by others. It is amazing, when you think of it, that a few moments of creativity can still bring pleasure to others long after you are gone. Thanks Alex. RIP.

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 10
freewilly, Nobmeister, Smachtai, wooz1111
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9